IELTS Business Development Officer (Cebu City, Philippines)
IELTS | Cebu City, Philippines, Philippines | Full Time
IDP is the number one choice for international students looking to open their world by studying overseas. We are a global organisation, with our corporate office based in Melbourne, Australia. We are a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP leads the world in assisting international students find the right overseas study option. An established specialist in study in Australia, IDP also assists international students with study in the USA, Canada, UK and New Zealand. Today over 200 leading universities across Australia, USA, UK, Canada and New Zealand are IDP clients.
IDP Education also manages and co-owns the IELTS test – the leading test of English language proficiency for study and migration. British Council and University of Cambridge (Cambridge English) are the other owners. IELTS, the world’s leading English language proficiency test, is delivered in 140 countries. Over 10,000 universities, education providers, government and professional bodies rely upon IELTS to assess an individual’s English language proficiency for the purpose of study, migration and professional practice. IDP IELTS test centres are operational in more than 40 countries.
The IELTS team has overall responsibility for growing revenue, increasing market share and contributing to company growth and profitability. Our team tasks consist of delivering IELTS products and services, generating new customers (leads), and retaining existing customers through news and updates of IDP and our stakeholders. The scope of IELTS team ranges from registration of candidates, visits to customers, IELTS product knowledge, informing customers and partners as well as plan visits strategically.
The IELTS Business Development Officer role is a permanent role reporting to the IELTS Manager based in Cebu City. The BD officer is responsible to develop business plans and implement growth strategies for the achievement of the IELTS revenue goals for IDP.
Requisite skills are
the right blend of analytical talent and business know-how to promote the IELTS
paper-based and computer-delivered tests to schools, universities,
language schools, corporate companies, government agencies, immigration and
student placement agents. This role draws heavily on communication and
presentation skills to reach out to an audience of English teachers, head of
schools, deans of English Departments of Universities. Knowledge of the
education sector is expected as you will be responsible to reach out to schools
and universities to present IDP IELTS services.
Business Development & Sales Planning
- Promoting IDP IELTS services to key partners in the region: schools, universities, languages schools, agents.
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and liaise with IELTS Manager to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities.
- Utilize IELTS website, social media and other marketing channels and respond to customers’ queries and complaints in a timely fashion
- Identify potential partners for IDP and plan regular visits to promote IDP IELTS services.
- Support IELTS team to deliver IELTS master classes, IELTS Info sessions, pre-tests as well as other business-related activities to IELTS candidates and alliance members.
- Identify opportunities to join or create events to promote IELTS and Student Placement Services at local high schools and universities quarterly and refer all the enquiries for study abroad to Student Placement team
- Use and promote the IELTS / IDP brand and brand messaging with integrity in all business development activity
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to travel locally across the Philippines
- Responsible, self-motivated, result-oriented, flexible
- Strong social skills and open minded, eager to learn more
- Customer service oriented
- Good command of English Language
- Excellent communication skills
- Independent worker
- Good Presentation and public speaking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
WORKING AT IDP
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. We are looking for people who share that passion of making an impact in people's lives.
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our
highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage
teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise
through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.