IELTS Assistant Administrator
Administration | Brisbane City, Queensland, Australia | Contract
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Assistant Administrator is responsible for assisting the Test Centre Manager (TCM) in administering the IELTS examinations offered through the Direct Testing Unit (DTU) of IELTS Australia. The IELTS test is mainly delivered via computer and on paper.
The IELTS Assistant Administrator will work closely with the TCM in managing the test centres, ensuring compliance with the established guidelines of test operation and management as prescribed by the IELTS test partners. Furthermore the Assistant Administrator will support the TCM to lead a motivated team to meet its goals of efficiency, compliance and customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for paper based and computer-delivered IELTS testing.
Ensuring testing operations are compliant with requirements of the IELTS quality system, commercially viable and indicative of a commitment to exemplary customer service and operational best practice.
To be successful in this role, you will have strong systems and administrative skills, experience in leading teams and exposure to a high-stakes compliance environment. You will also have a passion for exceptional customer service and creating an environment of continuous improvement amongst your team. Direct experience in this area, while desirable, is not essential. You will also be able to plan, organize, prioritize and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner. This role also requires traveling to offsite testing venues within QLD and Pacific Islands.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships
- Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and execute multiple tasks within set objectives in a timely and professional manner
- Familiar with financial and customer service principles and practices
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Availability to work on weekends
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform basic diagnosis and troubleshooting of computer software, hardware, peripherals and computer network
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.