Hyperion Administrator/ Developer – Business Intelligence Hub
Global Shared services | Gurgaon, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
For 50 years, IDP has played a major role in international education. We have placed more than 400,000 students into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand. Today over 225 leading universities across 5 English speaking destinations are IDP clients.
Our brand values recognise our expertise, quality, caring, integrity and the communities we work within.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive work places, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as evidence of English language proficiency. Last year, more than 2.5 million tests were taken globally. IDP Education offers the IELTS test in more than 400 test locations in 50 countries.
For more information about IDP, please visit :
Support the Director of Financial Planning and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and network finance in the development and administration of Hyperion Planning, Performance Reporting & Essbase applications to achieve timely management and planning reporting requirements.
Key Performance Areas
Hyperion Planning System Administration
- Ensures timely updates of dimensions and structures including alternate hierarchies for all Hyperion applications in line with management reporting structure and business requirements
- Ensures timely maintenance of security access for users, reports, webforms and dimensions in accordance with approved requests
Hyperion Data Accuracy and Integrity
- Ensures data accuracy and integrity of Hyperion management reports for actuals and planning scenarios
- Provides support in data reconciliation including troubleshooting of system for data related issues
- Provides data restructuring in line with new management reporting and account structure
Development and Maintenance of Scripts/Reports/ Webforms
- Ensures timely maintenance and creation of business rules, rule sets, overnight scripts, calculation scripts including performance tuning and optimisation of scripts to comply with management reporting and planning structures and process
- Ensures timely development and modification of Financial/Management Reports using Financial Reporting Studio in accordance with the reporting process, structure and planning requirements
- Ensures timely creation and modification of planning data webforms in accordance with planning process and structures
Change Management Process Compliance
- Actively participates in enhancement and development of Hyperion project in meeting end user requirements
- Develops test plan (scenario testing), essbase test sheets and performs unit testing, system integration testing and organise User Acceptance Testing of Hyperion development, enhancement and new Hyperion releases ensuring compliance to company’s change management process.
Documentation and Training
- Creates and updates process, systems, data/work flow documentation for Actuals and Planning Reports/Webforms for each planning structure changes
- Ensures timely update of training manuals for Admin & end-user in relation to any changes made in Hyperion planning/system and structure
- Conducts knowledge transfer and Hyperion end user training
Hyperion End user support
- Provides timely response and resolution to Hyperion production/ test issues, and end user support requests
- Escalates production issues to external support provider, tests resolution and implement migration to production
- Manager – Finance Systems
- Director – Financial Planning
- Manager – Financial Planning & Analysis
- Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Team
- Finance Shared Service - Management Reporting Team
- OBIEE Hub – Hyperion Finance Reporting Team
- Network Finance Team
- Hyperion Consultants
- Oracle Support
- Must have a BS or BA degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related field required
- Working experience with:
- PBCS - Hyperion on Cloud experience of minimum 2 Years
- Oracle EPM applications: Hyperion Planning 188.8.131.52.000 and Essbase 11.x or higher Minimum 5 to 7 Years
- Essbase (BSO / ASO cube design, load Rules, calculation scripts, SQL and MaxL Scripts)
- Smartview and Excel add-in
- Financial Reporting Studio
- Shared Services Admin
- Performance Management Workspace
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to communicate effectively with finance professionals (of all levels) and IT
- Strong technical acumen
- Team player with the ability to work independently and be accountable for results
- Self-motivation and a proven track record of effective time management
- Working experience with Australian listed companies using multi-currency
- Working knowledge of Cash flow Forecasting /Balance Sheet Forecasting in Hyperion
- Resource Planning