HR Country - UAE
People Experience | Dubai, United Arab Emirates | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The HR Country – UAE, is responsible for driving all people related matters and managing the day-to-day implementation of People Experience initiatives and policies in both operational and strategic levels in order to achieve high performance and high engagement organisation.
The role will be working closely with the Country Director (CD), Regional People Experience Director (RPxD) and the People Experience teams in both Dubai and Abu Dhabi offices, to develop and deliver a number of programs and campaigns aiming to provide our people with the best employment experience.
The role will be based in Dubai and will cover in some instances IDP’s branch across UAE. It will require occasional travels within and outside the country.
People Data & Process Integrity
- Accountable for accuracy and up-to-date data of people information in SuccessFactors (SF).
- Collaborate with the RPxD and SF team in designing, testing and implementing new modules in SF.
- Drive an adoption of the internal social media, JAM, to deliver a great people experience through regular content contributions and active participation in relevant discussions and topics.
- Effectively identify opportunities to digitise people process administration to increase effectiveness and enhance employment experience.
Talent Acquisition & On-boarding
- Manage and facilitate the talent acquisition process by collaborating with both internal (hiring managers, CD, RPxD) and external (internal recruiting team, IDP Career Portal, recruitment agencies, job posting websites, candidates) parties through an effective use of the dedicated Application Tracking System (JobScore) to attract, recruit and hire high quality talent into the organisation.
- Ensure an effective and efficient talent acquisition process to provide a positive experience for hiring managers as well as candidates.
- Conduct analysis, assess recruitment results, and identify areas of opportunity and change. Use the data to evaluate sourcing effectiveness, determine progress and process improvement.
- Manage onboarding and induction program to provide new joiners with a smooth and seamless onboarding experience. Ensure that new joiners are properly oriented about the company.
Compensation & Benefits
- Oversee payroll data preparation, and coordinate with the Finance department to ensure pay is made to the employees correctly and on time.
- Manage the administration and monitoring of benefits programs such as provident fund, life, medical, dental insurance, pension plans, and leave entitlements, etc.
- Lead and facilitate the annual salary and bonus review process by working closely with the CD and RPxD.
- Collaborate with Finance department in checking information and liaising with relevant authorities for Social Security and tax purposes.
Rewards & Culture
- Manage, facilitate and promote the Company’s employee recognition programs in Global and Country levels.
- Directly support the County Director to create a collaborative work environment cross department through effective internal communications via such channels as emails, bulletin boards, newsletters, town hall, social events, and instant messaging groups, etc.
- Encourage and advise managers to effectively manage and drive team’s performance through the use of the Company’s performance management tool (RISE).
Capability & Performance
- Act as focal point for organising training and development activities in the country (e.g. STAR/ SUCCEED programs).
- Monitor and follow up with employees on mandatory training completion/e-Policy acknowledgement in SF.
- Collect training requirements and support CD and RPxD in conducting training need analysis and setting up delivery/implementation plan for both internal and external training courses e.g. leadership training, digital marketing training and conferences, etc.
Policies, Compliance and Others
- Oversee the administration of Visa and work permit related issues such as application, renewal, cancellation, appealing and updating required employee information to relevant governmental agencies.
- Ensure all policy and procedures, HR Manual and employee handbook are up to date.
- Provide guidance on local employment legislation as and when requested by the CD and employees.
- Oversee the statutory compliance related to people (payments and reporting, Manpower reports to Ministry of Manpower, etc.).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in HR Management, Business Studies/Administration/Management or related field
Must have 2 years’ experience in similar role for a medium to large Multinational organisation
Based in Dubai
Excellent fluency in English to collaborate with global teams
Sound understanding of the principles underpinning great employee experiences and Indonesian labour laws
Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and able to engage effectively with all levels of the organisation
Highly organised, meticulous, able to prioritise and multitask with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external relationships
- High degree of initiative and advanced problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive to implement process improvements
Experience working in MNC with matrix organisation setting
Experience in SAP and payroll processing
Proactive personality with positive influence on our people