Head of IELTS - Vietnam
IELTS | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Country Manager is responsible for the development and execution of the IELTS strategic plan for Vietnam and is central to the achievement of IELTS revenue, market share and volume objectives and customer satisfaction. The IELTS Country Manager will support Vietnam test centre operations in all respects so that centres are able to effectively deliver the candidate customer experience within the compliance requirements for IELTS. This role is responsible for driving IELTS growth by identifying, pursuing and securing new business opportunities for IDP / IELTS in Vietnam, working in collaboration with internal stakeholders across the business.
- Business Planning
- Business Operational Support and Performance
- Business Development
- Key Relationships
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous ‘hands-on’ operational management experience
- Excellent understanding of sales and marketing principles and demonstrated ability to apply them successfully
- Capacity for innovative thinking in assessing opportunities for change
- Strategic thinking and analysis skills
- High level interpersonal skills to engage and influence key stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
- High level of business acumen combined with good knowledge of the commercial environment
- Result-driven with ability to operate in highly competitive environment
- Experience of business development including the identification and leveraging of new business opportunities
- Working within organisation in change and applying good change management principles to facilitate broader team engagement
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and act with integrity and sound business judgement
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively in both Vietnamese and English with stakeholders at all levels
- Understanding of the IDP Education / IELTS Australia operating model
- Suitable business qualification, with 6-8 years’ experience in managerial position
- International work experience within Vietnam, some of which is in the commercial education sector
- Working effectively in a virtual team environment and in a diverse business culture
- Prior knowledge of IELTS as a product and awareness of the practicalities of IELTS operations
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.