Global Cloud Operations Manager
Information Services | Hybrid in Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
An ASX100 business with a 50-year heritage, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in Southeast Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
In recent years, our investment in digital technology and customer research has enhanced these personal connections, enabling us to deliver global success to more students, test-takers and our partners.
Proudly customer-first, our expert people are powered by global technology. Together, we offer unmatched services, helping local dreams become realities, all over the world.
And best yet, at 50, we are just getting started.
We are continuing to grow and our Group Technology function is at the forefront of this growth, particularly in supporting our mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community. Much of our innovation is being driven through the AWS platform. IDP is committed to the AWS Well Architected Framework and its five pillars. This is where you come in!
Be a critical member of a high performing team, producing outcomes that accelerates our mission to support students in their life-long study journey. Work within IDP’s Global Cloud, Infrastructure and Services team as a Global Cloud Operations Manager!
The primary focus of this role is to manage our Cloud Platform and Engineering capabilities that support our business and the overall Operating Model, Vision and Strategy. The Cloud Operations Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring a team of Cloud Engineers as well as providing leadership on how to optimise the AWS services across the business.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity based out of Melbourne, reporting to the Director, Global Cloud. Infrastructure and Services.
- Establishing core and shared platform capabilities and codified patterns to enable Enterprise deployments by development teams via a Service Catalogue and templates.
- Building and managing platforms for shared capabilities which support automated build and release processes, end-to-end operations, self-service alerts and reporting.
- Expertise with AWS Operational models to work as part of the Cloud Leadership team.
- Ensuring Security policies and controls/guardrails are codified and backed into core and shared services capabilities to proactively assess and monitor environments to enforce security policy and mitigate threats.
- Driving automation and self-service tools including Cloud Control Automation to support dynamic, on-demand services that scale dynamically, to schedule, maintain and operate.
- Ensuring availability and continuity is built into core and shared service capabilities that support business resilience objectives.
- Ensuring Cost Management is managed providing correct appropriation, visibility and transparency
- Leadership across the team to ensure alignment and productivity
- Continuously push business towards AWS Best Practice and AWS Well-Architected frameworks. Continuously review current environment against AWS Best Practice and Well Architected standards.
- Drive Consolidation of existing cloud and on-premises infrastructure ensuring optimisation and security.
- Drive provisioning and Configuration services to consistency in imaging, tagging, and patching.
As our new Global Cloud Operations Manager, you'll be a critical member of a high performing team, personally producing outcomes that accelerates IDPs agenda to support students in their life-long study journey. We'll be relying on your expertise in Cloud platform Engineering and Operations to ensure value from minimising downtime, operational costs and maximising efficiency and savings.
Specifically, we are looking for a talented individual who has;
- Cloud Management experience in AWS services with particular focus on the Platform/Engineering capability (3-5 years hands-on Cloud Engineering with 3 years into Cloud Management)
- Experience managing a complex Enterprise environment with 24/7 services and multiple customer-facing platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in automation and adoption of AWS well architected principles.
- Practical experience in automation and infrastructure delivery utilising CI/CD best practices.
- Cloud Certifications: AWS Certified in one of the following AWS Solutions Architect, SysOps, Developer, Cloud, DevOps Professional
- Great experience in how to design and implement high quality integrations – particularly de-coupled Pub/Sub.
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices and agile ways of working.
- Can do attitude and a desire to drive continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Assertive and expertise with Enterprise Grade solutions that are scalable, secure, performant, observable and low maintenance.
- Articulated to advice and direct leadership and technical specialists.
More about us
We are evolving rapidly. This is an exciting time to join us as we transform the way people access global education and opportunities, through leveraging innovative technology and a creating a connected world.
At IDP, our people are always at the forefront of what we do. We strive to provide workplaces that are truly diverse and representative of the communities that we work in, so our people feel empowered to bring their best and authentic selves to work. We are focused on continuing to build a culture of inclusion and belonging by providing a safe work environment where all our people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, and seek new ways to solve meaningful problems.
Why join us
Be part of our story, as we support you to create meaningful and rewarding experiences, grow your career with purpose, and celebrate as a global team.
If you identify as a member of an underrepresented community, we encourage you to apply, even if you feel you do not meet all the criteria, but have relevant skills, experience and capability that will enhance the role. At IDP, you can be yourself, be seen, heard, valued, and celebrated every day for your meaningful contributions. If you require any adjustments, let us know.
Some other benefits include:
- Work in our new 6 green star office, featuring creative collaboration zones and a focus on health and wellbeing.
- Professional development programs to grow your career.
- Two paid volunteer days every year to support our local communities.
- Stay energized with free fresh fruit and barista onsite.