Front of House
Administration | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The IELTS Receptionist is responsible for providing professional, efficient and comprehensive reception and administration service to IDP IELTS’ Direct Testing Unit, including IELTS test takers (TT).
- Provide a professional and high-level of reception service to the IDP IELTS Test Centre and test takers.
- Ensure that magazines and other literature at reception are kept tidy
- Answer phone calls and general enquiries
- Manage stationary orders in line with office requirements
- Greet and welcome all test takers (TT) and provide information about what test they are registered for
- Ensure all TT personal items are cloaked before test, verify identity against passport, capture TTs photo and finger scan in IAM
- Escort TTs to secure wait room before test
- Work with Invigilators and Examiners to facilitate timely running of test sessions
- Provide excellent customer service to TTs
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to other members of the DTU team to ensure that a first class service is delivered to TTs
- ID checks in ORS
- Results entry in IWAS
- Answering the phne
- Outging and incoming mail
- Payment vuchers
- Despatch local and international couriers as requested
- Prepare outgoing mail in afternoon to take to mail box
- Distribute incoming mail to relevant employees
- Notify recipients of urgent parcels or mail received on reception
- Collect daily supplies from foyer and distribute to office
- Distribute IELTS practice materials as directed by IELTS staff
- Book meeting rooms as required
- Ensure foyer and meeting room in Reception area are kept clean and tidy
- Order catering when requested for internal meetings and events
- Keep Kitchen clean
- Maintain adequate stocks
- Distribute fruit
- Ensure prompt and regular milk deliveries and rotation of milk supplies
- Ensure coffee machine is cleaned and well maintained
- Ensure toner cartridges are stored and distributed appropriately
- Organise emptying of secure bins with provider (currently Fort Knox)
- Liaise with building cleaners when needed
- Parcels deliveries – ensure that nothing is left in the reception area after hours (leave behind secure doors)
- Review maintenance requirements and action as required
- Log all requests with the property manager
- Undertake any other lawful duties as reasonably directed by management
- Strong Communication skills (oral and written).
- High degree of computer literacy in a Microsoft Office environment, particularly Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- High degree of motivation, initiative and flexibility
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.