Finance | Melbourne, Australia | Full Time
An exciting opportunity to join our Finance team!
The Financial Accountant for the Australasia region plays a pivotal role in ensuring the timely and accurate closure of monthly accounts, thereby upholding the integrity and precision of the company's financial records.
Assisting the Regional Finance Manager, the role will be responsible for preparation of annual financial statements, handling of GST filings, and efficient coordination for annual tax submissions, delivering ad hoc reports and providing essential management reporting.
Playing a crucial part in the strategic planning process, actively assisting budgeting and forecasting to shape the company's financial future in the region this is a Permanent Full Time Opportunity tailored to the unique financial and regulatory landscape of the Australasia region.
Month End Closing
- Preparing accruals for annual incentive and sales incentives
- Checking coding and updating accruals for unsubmitted credit card expenses, and validating other accounts payable accruals
- Analysing and validating credit notes with Office Managers
- Balance sheet and intercompany reconciliations and settlement
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions.
- Reconcile discrepancies and ensure that financial records align with internal controls and regional standards. Collaborate with other finance and operational teams to close the books efficiently and with the highest degree of accuracy.
GST Filing, Tax and Financial statements
- Assisting external consultants with their preparation of annual financial statements and tax filings for NZ and Japan.
- Preparing working paper for GST filings in NZ and PNG
- Support the financial planning process by assisting in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Australasia region.
- Analyse past financial data to provide insights into future financial planning.
- Work closely with department heads and management to understand operational needs and how they translate into financial projections.
- Support ad-hoc projects with financial modelling / recommendations
- Creating and updating internal management KPI reports
- Conducting internal audits to identify risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Developing / maintaining new reports to support the ongoing growth of the region.
- Advising the wider team with invoice and expense coding queries, promoting best practice
- Work closely with other corporate finance teams including Group Financial Accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax and Financial planning & analysis.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- CA/CPA qualification
- 3+ years external audit experience in Big 4 firms or 2nd tier audit firms or statutory reporting experience within multinational large corporate financial accounting function
- Strong accounting technical knowledge (AASB/IFRS)
- Ability to learn and effectively use a large ERP system e.g., Oracle/SAP
- Effective communicator to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial awareness
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage to achieve tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Good eye for detail and a drive to explore data at a deeper level with strong excel skills.
- Identify best practice opportunities within the role and make positive process changes and drive for efficiency.
What's in it for you:
- Benefit from rewarding experiences.
- Become part of our connected global community, feel included and celebrate our diversity every day.
- Work alongside enthusiastic and passionate colleagues who are working towards the same goal of changing the world for the better, through global education.
- Thrive in an innovative agile digital culture.
- Be inspired and mentored by our courageous leaders who are authentic and approachable.
As the global leader in international education, we have focused on building trusted human relationships for more than 50 years.
In recent years, our investment in digital technology and customer research has enhanced these personal connections, enabling us to deliver global success to more students, test-takers and our partners.
Proudly customer-first, our expert people are powered by global technology. Together, we offer unmatched services, helping local dreams become realities, all over the world.
And best yet, at 50, we are just getting started.