Finance Manager - Indonesia
Finance | Central Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia | Full Time
The Finance Manager and will lead total finance function for IDP Indonesia including financial reporting and accounting, management reporting, tax and Audits, group and local compliances, and financial planning and analysis.
1. Financial Accounting & Tax
- Timely and accurate Local GAAP accounting and Australia GAAP accounting in direct coordination with Finance Shared Services. Overall responsibility for maintenance of all books of accounts for the company etc
- Timely and accurate reporting to Head Office – Monthly Accounts closing and Balance sheet and P&L record submissions, Budget and Forecast Submissions, Inter Company reconciliations etc
- Responsible for all Statutory compliances related to YPA Indonesia as its Treasurer of the YPA Board of Management.
- Regular interface and reporting to Regional Finance by providing monthly closing files, variance analysis on financials, implementing any regional best practices etc
- Managing local Tax compliances – Service Tax, VAT and Income tax
- Managing Statutory Auditors and Internal Auditors and compliances to audit schedule
2. Commercial Finance
- Providing key financial insights in various business decisions making processes, being part of Country strategic team for business growth and identifying Key Financials risk areas and taking steps to manage the same.
- Jointly with business leadership, develop and implement financial strategies and action plans to achieve financial objectives set in the budget.
- Provide regional/country business leadership financial performance information and be part of the review process.
- Partner with management team (CD, marketing and SP managers) to perform SP WOW Business Planning 2 deliverables for Indonesia - including 3 and 1 Year Intake Pipeline Planning, Pipeline (including lead, applied, finalised) monitoring, Pipeline Planning Workshops participation etc
- Track individual office sales performance (volume and sell rate) against trend, budget and prior year and highlight opportunities to CD
- Assist the Country Director in the research and preparation of business case documentation to support new opportunities and changes to agreed business plans.
- Own local financial forecasting process working with and driving non-finance local CLT (country leadership team) to develop meaningful and accurate forecasts for submission to SEA regional finance.
- On request of CD or RFD or at times taking initiative, perform detailed business analysis which improves company financial performance e.g. sales analysis to minimise revenue leakage
- Execute all necessary statutory and business-related contracts and agreements required for the IDP Indonesia network of offices.
- Assist the senior managers with the administrative tasks required to manage their individual offices by devising and implementing systems, processes and procedures as necessary.
- Assist with procurement initiatives for IDP Indonesia to drive improvement for IDP
- Ensuring payroll computation is and payment is correctly done by overseeing and collaborating with Px (HR) department
- Ensuring Company regulations are filed Manpower authorities on timely basis and consent obtained from them
- Regularly review finance team activities and deliverables, agreeing priorities with direct and dotted line managers
- Actively engage with Team members so that they meaningfully contribute to Indonesia operational success
- Drive team motivation/ training and development needs
Essential requirements (skills, knowledge experience & qualification):
- Chartered Accountant or CPA with minimum 5+ years of experience in Medium/Large sized Multi-national PMA company in Indonesia
- Currently having a minimum of Manager or Controller role.
- Highly effective planning and organising, managing multiple competing priorities and finance staff in central and branch offices
- Highly effective relationship management skills – ability to collaborate closely and develop effective working relationships with CLT (in country) and regional/shared services/HQ .
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities
- Outstanding English communication skills across all key methods – oral (including presentations), written and non-verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to drive team development and performance to next level
- Knowledge of the Indonesian taxation laws as they apply to foreign companies- PMA and Yayasans
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Indonesia Statutory accounting and financial statements preparation experience
- Experience collaborating with shared service environments
- Dealing with “grey” (ambiguous) situations and information in an effective manner
- Good self-awareness and mindset to grow own career effectively.
IDP’s South East Asia region is comprised of seven country-based businesses in Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. Core business operations consist of Student Placement, IELTS testing and English Language Training.
Central to the success of IDP’s South East Asia region are the roles of Regional Director South East Asia, Country Directors and regional leadership heads (finance, IELTS, PX, marketing)
IDP Indonesia is part of the South East Asia region which consists of seven countries in total including Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. IDP Indonesia’s core business operations are Student Placement and IELTS testing, with 11 offices across the country and involving the efforts of over 130 full-time employees.