Finance | Colombo, Sri Lanka | Full Time
Duties and Specifications
1. Local compliance
- Preparation of financial statements and conduct of Statutory Audit before due date.
- Conduct of monthly reviews and timely submission of GST and TDS returns.
- Adherence to Labor Act and other local statutes.
- Control over books of accounts
- Send accounting journals, supporting documents and vouchers to the Accounting team for timely posting in the books of accounts.
- Review of expense heads and general ledgers to close the Monthly Closing Activity.
3. Vendor Management and Procurement
- Booking of expenses incurred by the Branch on time.
- Responsible for payment processing to vendors based on their payment terms.
- Dealings and negotiation with service and goods vendor.
- Participation in meetings for purchases of utilities and other goods/services.
- Providing logistical support for stores management.
- Monthly Outlook and Budget Management
- Discuss with Sales Team for revenue projection.
- Analyze expense heads and submit projection for expenses
- Provide inputs during budget exercise
- Ensure that expenses are incurred inline with budget and outlook submitted.
5. Cost savings and MIS
- Oversee the areas of potential cost savings and take necessary action for optimum utilization of resources.
- Provide inputs on MIS and other reports asked by Regional Finance and Finance Manager
6. Accounts reconciliation and Coordination with Financial Shared Services
1. Timely reconciliation of statutory balances and other balance sheet items.
2. Coordination with Financial Shared Services team for smooth accounting and books maintenance.
3. Liaise with Finance Manger for any kind of deviation and/or issues.
7. Advanced Excel
1. Should be able to work on excel and summaries raw data. Should know Vlookups, Sumifs, PIVOT etc.
Competencies will be assessed based on CV received. Candidates may be called for a brief interview.
1.Language Skills: - Able to communicate fluently in the English and Local language.
2.Exp-4 to 6 yrs
3.Good working skills in excel and word. Preferred: Conversant with Oracle EBS
4.Time Management Skills: Punctual and able to meet deadlines/keep to a schedule
5.Personal integrity – Trustworthy and not willing to compromise standards/reputation
6. Educational Qualification: MBA (Finance)/MBS/ Preferred: With partial/full accounting certification.