Finance/Accounting Team Leader cum Management Accountant
Finance | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
Supervision & guidance role within the Hanoi finance team, responsible for financial operations (receipts, expenditure and accounting matters) for Hanoi offices, participation in Vietnam’s accounting matters, and support business analysis.
1. Control of Oracle accounts for IDP Vietnam
- Verify G/L coding of bank receipt transactions in Hanoi prepared by Cashier before sending to FSS on daily basis,
- Monitor cash deposits of cashiers at offices in Hanoi;
- Verify G/L coding of bank and cash payment transactions prepared by accountant in Hanoi before sending to FSS on weekly basis;
- Review IELTS revenue list prepared by Accountant before sending it to FSS;
- Verify month-end journals (agent commission, prepaid expenses, ect. ) prepared by accountants in Hanoi
- Prepare month end journals (staff) and send them to FSS monthly (by WD1);
- Check FX revaluation sheet prepared by FSS and confirm within 24 hours:
- Perform month end reconciliation of B/S account balances for Hanoi and country level and prepare adjustment entries if required for FSS’s entering in Oracle;
- Check monthly sales report prepared by accountants in Hanoi
2. Supporting Business Analysis
- Provide monthly management reports (IELTS bookings, IELTS profitability, operational expenses, credit notes and others as required) accurately and timely with comments on variances against budget / last year to allow managers to drive performance improvements;
- Provide business information to other departments quickly and timely;
- Actively review financial recording process to input changes to support business analysis effectively:
- Assist finance manager in analysis of office results, budget preparation & forecast & evaluation of business development activities such as capex business cases
- Closely monitor team members in Hanoi in tax invoice issuance to ensure tax invoices are issued to customers correctly by checking invoiced list vs customer list in IELTS system (Google drive) and timely (within 24 hours from receipt of money);
- Closely monitor team members to maintain tax deductibility of company’s expenses by thoroughly checking supporting documents for payments;
- Carefully verify monthly/ quarterly tax reports (VAT, PIT, FCT) prepared by Accountant for Hanoi Branch before getting them signed off by FM and CD and submit them to local tax department by deadline:
- Provide information to company’s tax consultants (EY/KPMG) accurately and timely in order to prepare annual tax return and other tax report as required;
- Work with tax officers in issues relating to Hanoi's branches after being assigned by FM;
4. Cash management
- Review cash count at month-end and reconcile with Oracle:
- Check and reconcile cash in hand & cash at bank on monthly basis for Hanoi
- Produce country cash flow forecast
- Do bank reconciliation for country and having it signed off by FM by WD6;
5. Accounts Payable
- Ensure payment run is maintained effectively in HCMC and Payments are adhered to company policies;
- Review payment process annually to ensure it support business activities:
- Conduct review accounting in P2P system and proactively contribute input to minimise errors.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree or above majored in Accounting
- Familiar with international accounting standards (ACCA or equivalent is preferred)
- Good understanding of accounting standards & tax regulations in Vietnam
- At least 5 years relevant work experience (Prior experience of working with an international organisation is preferred)
- Strong team management skills
- Proficiency in English Language is essential
- High level of personal and professional integrity with good analytical skills and ability to function well in a multi-cultural environment
- Working knowledge in any ERP/ accounting software
- Knowledge of Microsoft excel and office
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.