Executive Assistant (SEA Regional Office)
Administration | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
About the Job: Executive Assistant to Regional Director of an international education services company based in the Regional South East Asia office (Singapore)
Primary responsibility is to support the Regional Director, Operations – South East Asia (RD). The role also provides support to executives and Regional Leadership Team (RLT) members as directed to ensure business priorities are met with high efficiency and integrity.
The role is expected to work independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and secretarial support duties to the regional office, which requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
Executive Support Services
- Manage the diaries of RD; evaluate and prioritise meeting requests (internal and external), with due consideration to the RD’s expectations and time allowances/constraints.
- Streamline meetings and engagement with the RLT to ensure increase in effectiveness and productivity with an aim to deliver a coordinated approach across the team and broader business.
- Draft/prepare team meetings agendas set schedule for meetings; attend meetings and take minutes, if required; liaise with team members to ensure follow up of items.
- Ensure the RD is prepared for meetings and events with the relevant documents, speeches and other resources available in advance.
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports through data compilation from systems and relevant stakeholders, per requested by RD.
- Act as point of contact and liaison between the RD, RLT and South East Asia (SEA) country teams and employees and external enquiries identifying high priority internal and external stakeholders in line with current programs of work.
- Evaluate and prioritise incoming communications to RD (telephone, email, written) as required and where appropriate redirect to relevant team members for response/action; monitor redirection and follow-up; keep the RD informed of actions/responses.
- Manage and coordinate travel and visit arrangements for RD and RLT including development of itineraries, background / country briefings, flights, visas, accommodation, expenses, and completion of travel acquittals. On occasion extend this support to the RHQ members as appropriate.
Generally, provide high quality secretarial and support services to the RD and RLT, proofread reports and other documents as required.
Provide other secretarial support to RD, executives and RLT members as appropriately required.
Communications and Activities
- First point of contact for the RD, both internally and externally.
- Organise global/regional meetings (establishing budgets, sourcing venues, developing invitation lists, programs and running sheets, event management).
- Organise internal meetings and company functions.
Region Office Administration Support
- Collaborate with the Admin team to support the region team with any health & safety related activities to maintain a safe work environment.
- Liaise with Admin team to ensure new regional employees are provided with necessary office equipments and system accesses on first day of employment.
- Work with PX to manage expat insurance and accommodation/lease matters.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 years of overall work experience, of which 3-5 years in supporting senior executives in MNC set up
- High degree of organisational and planning skills with an eye for detail and ability to handle complex tasks and confidential information with integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English language, especially speaking and writing. Proficiency in other languages commonly used in SEA is a plus.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Problem solving & quality decision: able to solve problems with effective solutions and sound judgement
- Relationship management: able to build constructive and effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- High degree of computer literacy in a Microsoft Office environment, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience in minute taking and a high degree of secretarial proficiency with a commitment to quality and accuracy
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and personal integrity
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in a sometimes-high pressure and fast-paced operating environment
- International travel management skills
- Flexibility to travel and work away from home on occasional basis
About the Company: IDP Education
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.