Student Placement | Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
IDP is evolving rapidly, we are transforming to build a globally connected community to guide and support international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
For over 50 years our global network of 100 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing applications for international students seeking placement in Australian education institutions specifically but not limited to the sub-continent region.
The Education Counsellor is also responsible for directly promoting IDP products and services to students, supporting and referring students with issues other than placement.
- Provide information and advice to international students and their families regarding study opportunities in Australia, in English and other languages as applicable.
- Submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments.
- Follow up leads and enquiries and maximise the number of applications submitted and finalised.
- Support IDP network students with on-arrival issues and/or on-shore IDP services.
- Screen IELTS customers and Student Service customers to identify opportunities for cross servicing and action applicable cases to increase uptake of both services.
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using C4C for managing student cases and running performance reports. Ensure accuracy in data entry and management.
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes.
Customer Service Orientation
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone, live chat and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Follow through on student enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required
- Provide customer service to IELTS test takers and students visiting the student services office
- Managing reception occasionally including responding to and redirecting queries where required
- Assist and promote IDP IELTS test candidates with general information and test bookings
- Assist students with on-arrival issues and provide them with on-shore IDP Services
Interactions and Team Work
- Support event managers in the organisation of major promotional events such as Interview Sessions (included above) and twice-a-year exhibitions
- Assist the promotion and student bookings of excursions and cultural events
- Provide input on marketing activities to promote IDP brand and services and work with Marketing Coordinator to coordinate the advertisements on community newspapers and websites.
- Assist in identification of opportunities and threat in the market
- Listen and present information to students, colleagues and other staff
- Share market information and insightful updates on issues and market trends to peers
Building Collaborative Relationships
- Work with Marketing Manager & Team Leaders to develop relationships and projects with Institution representatives
- Build good working relationships with IDP network counsellors and marketing and admissions staff from institutions.
- Proactively seek partnership opportunities with industry stakeholders such as student associations, migration agents, referral partners
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor Degree
- Working experience in Australia
- Achievement orientated
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills
- Fluent in a second language, preferably Tagalog
- International education experience
- Flexibility to travel
- Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Outlook and Internet skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.