Education Counsellor - UK & Ireland (Malacca)
Student Placement | Malacca, Malacca, Malaysia | Full Time | From RM3,100.00 to RM3,500.00 per month
- Employees can get up to 21 days of Annual and Medical Leave.
- Employees are covered for inpatient and outpatient (hospitalisation) medical benefits.
- Group Personal Accident (GPA) Insurance Coverage for employees.
- Employees may claim for Dental/ Eye Care/Domestic Leave Passage/Maternity Medical, Childcare Fees/Gym Membership/Professional Membership etc, annually under E-Choice Scheme.
- Employees entitled to Birthday Leave.
- Yearly awards and staff appreciation event.
- Service recognition awards for employees.
- Additional 2% EPF contribution for employees from employer.
- Private Retirement Scheme (PRS) contribution available for employees.
An ASX100 business with a 50-year heritage, IDP is a global leader in international education services. We’ve been operating for 50 years with a global office network spanning over 100 offices and our websites attract a combined 100 million visits a year.
Our team of experienced and dedicated counsellors are experts at providing trusted advice to students and their families at every step of the international education journey, and almost 8 in 10 students placed by IDP recommend our services to their family and friends.
IDP’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and professional employees around the globe. Our diverse talent, expertise and passion of our people that makes IDP unique. We strive to provide a working environment where our people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, and generate new opportunities. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives.
IDP is building a global, connected marketplace that guides international students into the life and career of their dreams. IDP co-owns IELTS, which supports test-takers’ study, migration, and professional ambitions. We not only jointly provide the IELTS test, we help test-takers prepare and gain confidence through IELTS support tools and guidance.
As corporate team within IDP, we help to create experiences that help students understand their options, choose their path, and reach their study goals. We’re embarking on a series of strategic digital projects to provide a seamless, transparent, personalised customer experience that puts the customer in control of their outcome.
It is an exciting time to be part of the IDP team. As we continue to build our global platform to guide international students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations
- To finalize applications, provide excellent counselling services to students, and establish a good relationship with clients to ensure smooth conversion. The position will also be involved in events, exhibitions and promotions of IDP and its affiliates/ clients
Key Performance Area
Customer service/Business acumen
· Provide counselling services and information on the UK & Ireland education and related to customers (students/parents)
· Provide accurate, efficient and quality service that exceeds customer’s expectation
· Attend to students’ queries quickly and professionally
· Attend to students’ complaints tactfully and professionally
· Maintain a high degree of response towards customers confidentially Client satisfaction
· Develop a good rapport between students and clients
· To ensure a good conversion of students for clients
· To provide local support services e.g. school visits, appointments
· Maintain friendly & professional relationships with all stake holders including universities & students Quality of work
Quality of work:
· To develop a cut-off score file and ensure that it’s updated regularly
· Accuracy of information
· Ensure that the contact details of the clients are accurate and updated when there’s changes
· To maintain a good student database for follow up
· No wrong information given to students
· A close follow up with students
· Keeping in touch with new students
· Reduce number of complaints
· Increase conversions
· Good rapport and follow up with students
· To ensure students paid up through IDP when the final decision is made
· Manage to convert lead to applicant and APF as per agree outcome
· Deliver the number of APF as per set target Technical & Professional Knowledge
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
· Competent knowledge of the UK & Ireland education
· Competent knowledge of the UK & Ireland culture, life style and geographic region
· Competent knowledge of university courses and careers outlook
· Competent knowledge of migration rules & regulations
· Possess relevant computer skills
· Take ownership of problem and seeks timely solutions Team Work
· Common goal of achieving set targets in terms of student services numbers Communication
· Good communication skills to liaise with students and client institutions
· Daily communicate with different people at different levels in English languages
· Regular communication to the Student Services Manager of Student Services section’s work outcomes, issues,
Organization & Planning:
· Provide informative report and feedback of all marketing activities e.g. outreach, school visits to manager
· Provide respective application data & statistics to management Essential Requirements:
· Knowledge of the UK & Ireland, and local education system
· A Bachelor’s or higher degree in any discipline (work experience equivalent)
· Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
· Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
· Must have the ability to work and operate in a team and demonstrate team work skills
· Good computer skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
Background/reference check is mandatory for IDP upon shortlisted.