Student Placement | Riyadh, Saudi Arabia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organizations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in education institutions in KSA By promoting IDP products and services directly to students the Education Counsellor is responsible for supporting the achievement of office/country sales performance targets. The counsellor will also provide support and referral for students with issues other than placement, ultimately ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service
- Counsel prospective students to identify appropriate study options including suitable courses and institutions.
- Schedule and conduct phone discussions and office meetings to accurately convey course/program information whilst ensuring that each students’ needs are being met. This includes advising students with respect to admissions requirements, processes and qualification options.
- Assist students in determining an appropriate shortlist of applications to submit, thereby ensuring effective use of counselling time.
- Support the student through the admissions, visa and pre-departure processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with students and their families to ensure that IDP is regarded as a highly professional and trusted service provider.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and their families, clients and colleagues.
- Deliver consistently outstanding service to ensure a high number of students are converted to the next stage of the student pipeline, ultimately submitting applications to education institutions and accepting the resulting offers.
- Identify opportunities to generate leads and effectively leverage these opportunities. e.g. determine the prospective schools, universities, companies and scholarship bodies from where new leads can be derived and established effective relationships with them.
- CRM system is used to support the end to end counselling process including the capture and follow up of all leads and opportunities to close sales.
- Identify new business opportunities in consultation with the Office Manager
- Maintain regular contact and activities with key accounts (schools, scholarship bodies)
- Act with the highest level of accountability with students, clients and colleagues.
- Respond to face to face enquiries and enquiries visa phone and email in a timely manner, with accurate and relevant information.
- Process and submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments in a timely manner.
- Build effective relationships with education institution staff to support timely application processing.
- Attend client briefings, workshops and visits to institutions to support the development of knowledge of institutions and establish relationships with key contacts.
- Work with Office Manager / Operations Managers and institution representatives in developing strategies to effectively promote institutions.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in all interactions with client representatives.
- Support Office Manager / Operations Manager / Marketing Teams in the organisation of major promotional events such as interview programs, in-house interview sessions and exhibitions, and other activities as required.
- Provide input on marketing or promotional activities to encourage student numbers.
- Promote IDP through activities such as institution visits, seminars, exhibitions, student associations etc.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities and threats within the local market.
- Attend, lead and participate in office level meetings and activities to support the sharing of information, knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency and operational effectiveness between IDP’s student placement and IELTS operations.
- Follow up effectively with students and institutions to ensure enrolment activities are completed effectively.
- Use a full range of available communication channels including email, phone and CRM communication features such as SMS and tasks.
- Effectively present relevant information to students, clients and other key stakeholders as required.
- Provide regular updates to the line manager to inform them of progress, challenges and/or support that may be required.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to the bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a sale driven environment with a strong focus on achieving individual and team-based targets.
- Knowledge of education institutions, admission processes, immigration requirements and their international operations.
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues etc.).
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Customer focussed, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Effective team worker, supporting colleagues and contributing positively to the overall team’s success.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyse and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make decisions and act with integrity, in the best interests of IDP.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems.
- Experience of working with a CRM system.
- Experience in education counselling.
- Work and/or study experience in a relevant destination country.