Education Counsellor - Bicol, (OPEN FOR FRESH GRADS)
Student Placement | Manila, Philippines | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing of applications for international students seeking placement in education institutions in Australia & New Zealand by promoting IDP products and services directly to students the Education Counsellor is responsible for supporting the achievement of office / country sales performance targets. The counsellor will also provide support and referral for students with issues other than placement, ultimately ensuring the delivery of outstanding customer service.
- Student Counselling
- Delivering Results
- Business Development
- Customer Service
- Client Relationships
- Team Work
- Counsel prospective students to identify appropriate study options including suitable courses and institutions.
- Schedule and conduct phone discussions and office meetings to accurately convey course / program information whilst ensuring that each students’ needs are being met. This includes advising students with respect to admissions requirements, processes and qualification options.
- Assist students in determining an appropriate shortlist of applications to submit, thereby ensuring effective use of counselling time.
- Support the student through the admissions, visa and pre departure processes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with students and their families to ensure that IDP is regarded as a highly professional and trusted service provider.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in every interaction with students and their families, clients and colleagues.
- Deliver consistently outstanding service to ensure a high number of students are converted to the next stage of the student pipeline, ultimately submitting applications to education institutions and accepting the resulting offers.
- Identify opportunities to generate leads and effectively leverage these opportunities. e.g. determine the prospective schools, universities, companies and scholarship bodies from where new leads can be derived and established effective relationships with them.
- CRM system is used to support the end to end counselling process including the capture and follow up of all leads and opportunities to close sales.
- Identify new business opportunities in consultation with the BUM
- Maintain regular contact and activities with key accounts (schools, scholarship bodies)
- Act with the highest level of accountability with students, clients and colleagues.
- Respond to face to face, phone and email inquiries in a timely manner, with accurate and relevant information.
- Process and submit applications to institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrollments in a timely manner.
- Build effective relationships with education institution staff to support timely application processing.
- Assist students with on-arrival issues or and refer to appropriate agencies where necessary
- Build strong relationships with network counsellors to enable ongoing support of students onshore.
- Attend client briefings, workshops and visits to institutions to support the development of knowledge of institutions and establish relationships with key contacts.
- Work with Business Unit / Operations Managers and institution representatives to developing strategies to effectively promote institutions.
- Act with integrity and professionalism in all interactions with client representatives.
- Support Business Unit Manager / Operations Manager / Marketing Teams in the organisation of major promotional events such as interview programs, in-house interview sessions and exhibitions, and other activities as required.
- Provide input on marketing or promotional activities to encourage student numbers.
- Promote IDP through activities such institution visits, seminars, exhibitions, student associations etc.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities and threats within the local market.
- Attend, lead and participate in office level meetings and activities to support sharing of information, knowledge and expertise for the benefit of the team as a whole.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to increase cooperation, efficiency and operational effectiveness between IDP’s student placement and IELTS operations.
- Follow up effectively with students and institutions to ensure enrolment activities are completed effectively.
- Use full range of available communication channels including email, phone and CRM communication features such as SMS and tasks.
- Effectively present relevant information to students, clients and other key stakeholders as required.
- Provide regular updates to line manager to inform them of progress, challenges and / or support that may be required.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- must be a Filipino citizen
- Preferrably Experienced Education Counsellor in any of the following destinations - Australia, New Zealand
- Fresh Graduates may also apply
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of education institutions admission processes, immigration requirements and their international operations.
- Fluent in English
- Experience of working in a sales driven environment with a strong focus on achieving individual and team based targets.
- Outstanding communication skills and able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders with varying needs (students, parents, institution representatives, colleagues etc.).
- Excellent planning and organising skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Customer focused, with a passion for providing outstanding service.
- Highly effective relationship building and relationship management skills.
- Effective team worker, supporting colleagues and contributing positively to overall team’s success.
- Ability to proactively identify, analyse and solve problems effectively.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make decisions and act with integrity, in the best interests of IDP.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office suite, CRM systems.
- Experience of working with a CRM system.
- Experience of education counselling.
- Work and / or study experience in a relevant destination country.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.