Education Counsellor - Auckland
Administration | Auckland, New Zealand | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Education Counsellor is responsible for providing information, advice, support and processing of
applications for international students seeking placement in New Zealand education institutions. The
Education Counsellor is also responsible for promoting IELTS tests and other IDP products and services to walk
in and other students.
- Proactively engage with international students in New Zealand, their families and their friends to promote IDP services and support products
- Provide them with information and advice on study opportunities and visa applications in New Zealand § Submit applications to Institutions, obtain offers and facilitate enrolments
- Follow up potential students and maximise conversion of students submitting applications and finalising enrolment through IDP § Promote and sell IDP Onshore Student Essentials services where applicable.
- Support IDP network students and the onshore delivery of IDP Student Essentials they purchased
- Assist students with on-arrival issues and provide them with on-shore IDP Services § Promote IDP IELTS Tests and assist test bookings in the office
- Data entry of student applications
- Manage and store student files through the established filing system
- Follow standard CRM sales process to record and update all student interactions and applications, follow through on students’ enquiries and applications
- Continually enhance student visa and product knowledge base through client training, workshops, briefing sessions, visits and peer discussions and IELTS Customer Service Training
- Keep informed of market and NZ regulation changes that may have an impact on the business
- Stay update-to-date with IDP Student Essentials offerings and process involved § Completion of relevant Education Agents training course in New Zealand
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Completed Bachelor Degree or an equivalent amount of experience/education
- Working experience in New Zealand, or in the International Education Industry
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Demonstrated customer service orientation
- Highly sales driven § Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High level of problem solving and negotiation skills § Understand needs and issues of on-shore international students
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.