Director Of Studies , Acet Ho Chi Minh City (Expat Only)
English Language Teaching | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
ACET is managed by IDP Education Vietnam, a well- reputed global education group and a co- owner of the IELTS test to assess the language ability.
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; and English language Training.
In Vietnam, core business operations consist of Student Placement, IELTS testing and English Language Training under the brand ACET.
ACET is the leader in term of Academic English and IELTS preparation in Vietnam, opened in 2002 in both Hanoi and HCMC. Until now, ACET has welcomed more than 1.500 people come to study at ACET.
For 14 years ACET has prepared many thousands of Vietnamese students for university study overseas. These include private, fee-paying students, students funded under foreign aid programs and students funded under corporate client agreements.
Details of Position:
a. Academic Management City level(40%)
b. Administrative City level(30%)
c. Products Development City level(30%)
- - Relief teaching and placement testing as required
- Other duties City level:
- - The DOS will work with other members of the ACET management team playing a role relevant to projects in the ACET Strategic Plan
- - Ensure that ACET study options and facilities (the ILC) are readily available to all students public and corporate
- - In addition: the DOS will work with ACET stakeholders and specifically will: Support the promotion of IDP Education and its testing and counseling services in conjunction with IDP Vietnam staff
- To apply
- The deadline to receive applications is September 09th, 2020
- Candidates who are already in Vietnam is a plus
- Send your CV, cover letter and scans of all relevant qualifications and documents including passport
- The position start date is October, 2020 (flexible if strong candidate needs more time)
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- + 2 - 5 years year experience as Academic Manager or DoS or similar
- + An undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- + An internationally recognised English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, or equivalent)
- + 5 years ELT/TESOL teaching experience in a comparable setting
- + Some experience in teaching Young Learners / Teens is preferred
- + A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, such as Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge IDLTM or a Masters degree in ELT/TESOL
- + Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- + A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
- + Ability to work in a team environment
- + Working knowledge of commercial placement tests and in proficiency tests for university admissions overseas (including VEPT, OOPT, IELTS, TOEFL and TOEIC)