Director Of Studies , ACET (Expat Only), Hanoi
English Language Teaching | Location, Job description | Full Time
ACET provides high-quality English language programs designed to prepare students for success in overseas study and their future careers. ACET was established in 2002 as a cooperation between IDP Education and UTS: Insearch, the language center of the University of Technology, Sydney.
ACET operates 4 training centers in Hanoi and HCMC, with approximately 3,000 students enrolled in studying intensive and semi-intensive courses English language courses. ACET employs approximately 100 qualified and experienced teachers. ACET has an excellent reputation as the leading provider in Vietnam of English pathway programs for overseas study.
If you share our passion for helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us.
The Director of Studies (DOS) is responsible for the coordination of programs for all of ACET’s private and fee-paying students at all centers in Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi and leads an Academic Team as well as a diverse group of local and expatriate teachers.
a. Academic Management City level (40%)
b. Administrative City level (20%)
c. Products Development City level (20%)
d. Other duties City level (20%)
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- An internationally recognized English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, or equivalent)
- 3+ years of ELT/TESOL teaching experience at reputable institutions
- Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and/or IELTS preparatory classes
- A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, such as Cambridge DELTA Level 02, Cambridge IDLTM, or a Master’s degree in ELT/TESOL (or in the process)
- Thorough understanding of the role of culture in language learning
- Good computer skills
- ELT experience in Vietnam or Asia
- Candidates who are already in Vietnam is a plus