Developer - Python
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
• Your code is elegant. You make the complex seem straightforward. You know how to write efficient code that someone else can pick up with ease. You instinctively test your own code and people know they can rely on you, and everything you produce.
• You know how to adapt patterns and utilize these across your development. If you identify an opportunity to improve a pattern you are confident in how to relay this. You know the difference between an improvement and just another way of achieving the same outcome.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
• While a significant part of your role will be to write code in Python and utilize AWS services, the real value you’ll produce will be from really understanding the Outcome required by the Business, and “making it so”. We’re looking for everyone in our team to demonstrate leadership, working together to continuously improve the way we work, and work smarter not harder and continuously increase the value we provide to the business. You’ll be part of this.
• You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines
- Strong Knowledge in Python v3.x Language
- At least 3+ years of Overall Development Experience and 2+ years on Python coding
- Must have worked on AWS Lambda and Microservices development.
- Knowledge on AWS Services (API Gateway, CloudWatch, Queues, Topics, etc) is a desirable
- Experience in REST APIs with JSON
- Error handling and Logging
- Any DB knowledge
- Knowledge in Node.js is an added advantage
- Knowledge in implementing Terraform is a plus
- Knowledge on Sumo Logic log aggregation is a plus
- Must know how to produce high quality, “Clean” code that is performant, maintainable and secure
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.