Information Services | Chennai, India | Full Time
About the Company:
IDP is a global leader in international education services. IDP has been operating for close to 50 years, creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in over 30 countries and a number of separate business lines offering specialized services to our many customers. We help International student’s study in English speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right institution and the right country; IDP is also a proud co-owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular high-stakes English language test that helps people to achieve their study and migration aspirations; we operate 11 English language teaching campuses across South East Asia;
IDP’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We work collaboratively, as together we have the power to generate outstanding outcomes for our customers. It’s the diverse talent, expertise and passion of our people around that makes IDP unique. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be agile and creative, seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
Our brand values have been developed through comprehensive research and align with our customer’s expectations. Our commitment to these values enables our teams to have an impact on the outstanding service we deliver.
We believe education is transformative and that we will never stop learning, which is why we offer our team personal growth with exceptional learning and development. We inspire people to learn for a better future.
- Candidates with good experience with SDLC
- Minimum 6+ years of hardcore coding experience is mandatory
- Excellent hands on coding in Oracle/JAVA
- Over all 9-13 Experience is mandatory.
Overall Responsibility in delivering quality projects and products as per the BRD within the specified time line. Should be able to lead/handle a team to write and test code effectively and must work with business owners overseas. Lead planning and/or implementation of projects. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to monitor project or area progress and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Work cross-functionally across teams to solve problems and implement changes. Follow defined, agreed upon project management plans.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the development team and work closely with Technical architects.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered to schedule.
- Manage the daily meetings. Coordinate between UX development and QA cycles.
- Responsible for communicating the impact items to other teams.
- Bring technical items to the tech forum and responsible for sorting out any performance issues in a release cycle.
- Escalate scheduled delays and unresolved issues and problems to Tech PM.
- Ensure security of data and network access.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- Perform system audits and assesses their outcomes.
- Ensure that members adhere to standards followed in the project on all of their deliverables.
- Help keep the team focused and be on track.
- Train and integrate new team members and pro-actively support the continued development of existing team members.
- Effectively manage team members in line with company policy and procedures, including performance, development, disciplinary and conflict resolution with effective feedback.