Data Visualization Engineer
Digital Campus - Data Engineering | Chennai, India | Full Time
Being the global leader in international education services, for more than 50 years IDP has been the pioneer in this sector, specializing in combining human expertise with leading technology to help people reach their global ambitions. Operating in more than 50 countries around the world, IDP values and celebrates diversity, fostering a safe and inclusive workplace.
IDP Education Ltd is the proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test.
To learn more about us and our various service lines, please visit https://www.careers.idp.com/what-we-do
You’ll spend time on the following:
In this role you will be collaborating with IDP’s Data Engineering and Governance, an enterprise capability team and be responsible for;
- Participate in the visualization strategy and execute to improve products, infrastructure, and processes.
- Design end-to-end Visual Analytics solutions to meet business needs in an operationally and financially efficient manner
- Ensure understandability, useability, and user-friendliness of visual analytics solutions by proa-actively implementing design best practices and challenging user-requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Managers, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, System Administrators to ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models
- Develop reports/dashboards displaying strategic, operational, and tactical level views of various metrics
- Develop business analytics strategies, roadmaps, and BI solutions
- Remains up to date on company’s standards, industry practices and emerging standards
- Contribute to keeping Standards and best practices up to date collaborating with the community
- Promote the best practices and correct usage of standards
- Support global, Enterprise-class systems, regarding ITIL/ITSM processes/practices
- Identify areas in need of improvement and the drive to put a solution in place which addresses those needs
- Manage and prioritize multiple initiatives, incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks and contribute to automation efforts
- Prepare and maintain training material and SOPs, knowledge base articles and technical documentation
Take responsibility for Outcomes
You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or similar field
- 4+ years' experience in a Data Visualization role and evidence of successful delivery of interactive visualizations
- Power BI / AWS Quick sight/ Tableau Architecture and Development
- Migration experience from one BI platform to another
- Experience in Agile development processes and DevOps methodology / principals
- Expert in Analytics and data warehouse concepts
- Basic Active Directory concepts, security permissions and network troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI
- Ability to connect to data sources (internal and external), import data, and transform data
- Leverage analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and appealing visuals
- Ability to implement row-level security / Level of details
- Knowledge of KPIs, hierarchies, and the understanding of data relationships
- Expertise in advanced-level calculations on data sets
- Expertise in design methodology and implementation
- Identify bottlenecks and improve performance
- Working knowledge of Power shell or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS )
- Certified in MS Power BI / Tableau / AWS Quicksight is desirable
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative, and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities, and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive workplaces that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.