Data Visualization Engineer
Digital Campus - Data Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
In this role, you will be collaborating with IDP’s Data Engineering and Governance, an enterprise capability team, and be responsible for the following responsibities
- Participate in the visualization strategy and execute to improve products, infrastructure, and processes.
- Design end-to-end Visual Analytics solutions to meet business needs in an operationally and financially efficient manner
- Ensure understandability, useability, and user-friendliness of visual analytics solutions by proa-actively implementing design best practices and challenging user-requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Managers, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, System Administrators to ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability, and reliability upon deployment
- Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models
- Develop reports/dashboards displaying strategic, operational, and tactical level views of various metrics
- Develop business analytics strategies, roadmaps, and BI solutions
- Remains up to date on company’s standards, industry practices and emerging standards
- Contribute to keeping Standards and best practices up to date collaborating with the community
- Promote the best practices and correct usage of standards
- Support global, Enterprise-class systems, regarding ITIL/ITSM processes/practices
- Identify areas in need of improvement and the drive to put a solution in place which addresses those needs
- Manage and prioritize multiple initiatives, incidents and service requests while adapting to changing business conditions
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks and contribute to automation efforts
- Prepare and maintain training material and SOPs, knowledge base articles and technical documentation
Take responsibility for Outcomes
You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or similar field
- 5+ years' experience in a Data Visualization role and evidence of successful delivery of interactive visualizations
- Power BI and Tableau / Qlikview Architecture and Development
- Migration experience from one BI platform to another
- Experience in Agile development processes and DevOps methodology / principals
- Expert in Analytics and data warehouse concepts
- Proficiency in developing visual reports, KPI scorecards, and dashboards using Power BI
- Ability to connect to data sources (internal and external), import data, and transform data
- Leverage analytical thinking for translating data into informative reports and appealing visuals
- Ability to design and develop OLLIs / KPIs
- Knowledge on building unified insights using data lens
- Expertise in advanced-level calculations on data sets
- Expertise in design methodology and implementation
- Identify bottlenecks and improve performance
- Working knowledge of Power shell or other scripting languages
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS / Azure)
- Certified in MS Power BI is desirable