Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Freedom to enable a new platform with data using the best technology and play a leading role in the digital transformation of an ASX-listed company with 5000 staff and offices in 30 countries.
To implement advanced analytics solutions that improve business outcomes, such as digital engagement and student conversion, and to improve Data Engineering practices across IDP.
Career progression towards Senior Data Engineer or Senior Data Scientist.
- Develop accurate production-ready models that enable IDP to focus effort on the right opportunities
- Suggest changes to process and core systems to improve accuracy of predictions
- Suggest changes regarding interventions to improve conversions
User Online Experience (Chennai role)
- Develop production-ready algorithms to improve search relevancy and user experience
- Establish continuous improvement process for search releases
- Suggest changes regarding UX design and experience that could improve overall experience
User Online Experience (Gurgaon role)
- Understand contact centre outcomes and how data and metrics relate to them
- Improve data quality and visibility across contact centre process
- Collaborate with engineers in campus in India on existing IDP architecture patterns
- Develop appropriate incremental engineering patterns specific to Data Science applications
- Group leadership team
- Digital campus Chennai
- Regional marketing directors
- Digital Experience Team
- Staff involved in BI and reporting
- Staff involved in administering and changing key systems (CRM, marketing, etc)
- Data Science team members including intern students
- Students and their parents
- Test takers
- Suppliers – software suppliers
- Customers – of commercialisation offerings
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ownership of goals - ability to focus on the goal of a piece of work and find a way to make it possible.
- Strong SQL skills – ability to write advanced SQL from problem statements worded in business language by collaborating with various SMEs, building their own knowledge as they go.
- Python (or any other programming language) – 1-2 years coding experience
- Strong communication skills – ability to question, probe and demonstrate understanding a problem, and to propose/check a possible solution to that problem
- Curiosity – keen to understand how IDP works and how this shows in the data– how students, clients and counsellors feel and behave.
- Experience with AWS
- Post graduate qualification in statistics, data science, computer science or mathematics