Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
Freedom to enable a new platform with data using the best technology and play a leading role in the digital transformation of an ASX-listed company with 5000 staff and offices in 30 countries.
To implement advanced analytics solutions that improve business outcomes, such as digital engagement and student conversion, and to improve Data Engineering practices across IDP.
Career progression towards Senior Data Engineer or Senior Data Scientist.
- Develop design patterns in conjunction with Solution Architecture that support the delivery of quality data and robust advanced analytical models in production
Service architecture improvement
- Develop patterns that employ microservices to acquire data, run algorithms and publish results to production systems.
- Build operational monitoring into all services to insulate models from upstream changes or failures.
- Integrate propensity scores into production systems to improve conversion outcomes.
- Productionise algorithms to improve search relevancy and user experience
- Integrate and combine different recommendation services into different online experiences
- Establish continuous monitoring and improvement process for releases - using appropriate model comparison techniques eg champion/challenger and A/B testing
Ways of working
- Suggest changes to processes and core systems to improve quality of data
- Collaborate with engineers in campus in India on existing IDP architecture patterns
- Group leadership team
- Digital campus Chennai
- Regional marketing directors
- Digital Experience Team
- Staff involved in BI and reporting
- Staff involved in administering and changing key systems (CRM, marketing, etc)
- Data Science team members including intern students
- Students and their parents
- Test takers
- Suppliers – software suppliers
- Customers – of commercialisation offerings
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Ownership of goals - ability to focus on the goal of a piece of work and find a way to make it possible.
- Strong SQL skills – ability to write advanced SQL from problem statements worded in business language by collaborating with various SMEs, building their own knowledge as they go.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Python (or any other programming language) – 1-2 years coding experience
- Strong communication skills – ability to question, probe and demonstrate understanding a problem, and to propose/check a possible solution to that problem
- Curiosity – keen to understand how IDP works and how this shows in the data– how students, clients and counselors feel and behave.
- Experience with AWS