Counselor - IRELAND
Student Placement | Pune, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and based in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
For 50 years, IDP has played a major role in international education. We have placed more than 400,000 students into quality institutions in Australia, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand. Today over 225 leading universities across 5 English speaking destinations are IDP clients.
Our brand values recognise our expertise, quality, caring, integrity and the communities we work within.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive work places, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development.
IDP Education is also a proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. Since its launch in 1989, IELTS has become the world’s most popular high-stakes English language proficiency test.
Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as evidence of English language proficiency. Last year, more than 2.5 million tests were taken globally. IDP Education offers the IELTS test in more than 400 test locations in 50 countries.
For more information about IDP, please visit :
- Achieve the short term and long term goals in assigned destination for Student Placement
- Provide inputs to support development and execute the destination wise activity calendars to deliver pipeline leads and conversion targets by intake.
- Train and maintain the approved number of certified counsellors for the destination
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement, quality service to students and clients, high quality applications.
- Effectively implement global priority projects at country/office
- Be a productive and effective member of office leadership team and support Branch Manager through exhibiting a collaborative operating style
- Achieve targets for Leads, Applications and Students Placed –by destination and by intake.
- Timely preparation and execution of activity calendars in line with target dates
- Destination client satisfaction ratings
- Maintain trained and certified counsellor numbers by destination
- Successful implementation of global priorities –100% C4C adoption across all counsellors
- Develop a strong Counselling, Sales team to oversee the creation of a dynamic, inclusive work place, building the culture while recognising and celebrating innovation, success and achievement
- Speedily determine when an issue needs to be escalated to the Supervisor for resolution.
- Proactively provide feedback and advice to the Supervisor on the management of office and on issues arising from competitor activities, changing business environments, change in student visa policies etc
- Drive the development and implementation of destination based office business plans
- Provide inputs and once budget is set monitor Pipeline and Revenue budgets of the zone. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required.
- Collaborate with Supervisor to implement forecasting methodologies and processes to achieve accurate, timely pipeline forecasts
- Develop and maintain a strong sales and service culture within the business. Drive Customer Satisfaction by regular monitoring and reporting.
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to achieve sales objectives for the offices for student placement. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required.
- Collaborate with Destination Client Relations Managers, Marketing to develop and implement lead generation programs including events, client office visits, web etc, ensure counselling capacity /capability as per targets and ensure consistent sales, service and client management performance standards and benchmarks which are continuously improved
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to the ongoing development and maintenance of service and client management performance standards and benchmarks for the office
- Drive and guide the offices participation in and execution of global improvement projects where applicable
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Industry knowledge. Preferably working in sector or having prior experience in student placement sector
- Experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress
- 3+ years of proven ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve demonstrable outcomes
- 6-10 year counselling experience preferably in the education industry
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- A strong, ethical manager who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Respects diversity in employees
- Good written and verbal English skills