Student Counselling | Mumbai, Maharashtra, India | Full Time
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
We've been doing it for over 50 years creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in 32 countries. Our extensive network of approachable expert Counsellors work with students to identify and secure the university or college where they can start their global careers.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us. We are actively recruiting Counsellors to work with students in Singapore, The Philippines and Vietnam but opportunities will be available throughout South East Asia
- To provide professional and quality counselling service that exceeds customer and client expectations
- To achieve student invoice target by intake and assigned destination.
- Support execution of the destination wise activity calendars to deliver pipeline leads and conversion targets by intake.
- Build strong client support through 100% compliance of application processes.
- Be a productive and effective member of office team and support OM through exhibiting a collaborative operating style thereby building team spirit
- Effectively implement global priority projects at country/office (Ex: OSCAR/OSCAR Applied etc)
- Achieve targets for Leads, Applications, Finalizations – by intake.
- Australia/MD client satisfaction ratings at office level
- Be certified as a counsellor for assigned destinations ( pass test every year)
- 100% QC pass of Applications through Oscar Applied
- 100% OSCAR adoption
- Knowledge on Destination Education System
- Ensure delivery of high level of service to students and Destination client institutions
- Pipeline and Invoice numbers vs budget
- Provide authentic, un-biased and updated information on Destination institutions and courses and IDP services
- Ensure that students are aware of IDPs roles and responsibilities and limitations with respect to securing admissions and student visa approval
- Advise students to enroll for IELTS through IDP and provide information on IELTS score requirements for relevant institution and course
- Counsel student walk-ins in reasonable time frame; prioritize students with appointments
- Track and respond to all email queries in 24 hours
- Email and courier all relevant information, documents and brochures to students who did not reside in branch office city within 24 hours
- Ensure that each lead and contact on OSCAR receives appropriate follow up
- Attain institution offer letter for student effectively in the shortest period of time (office interview program, road-show, scan application, courier application)
- Ensure that all institution applications are processed efficiently with the appropriate documentation and certification followed by prompt follow up processes
- Ensure that students are informed about the institution application status and the offer / reject letter is forwarded promptly
- Ensure that students attend visa seminars and assessment on time
- Ensure that students and parents receive detailed counseling on the process and documentation needed to apply for Destination student visa as per the updated guidelines provided of Destination High Commission / Embassy.
- Ensure that students prepare visa documents in a correct manner and timely as per their level of study and intake start date.
- Ensure that relevant number of students are identified for fee payments in keeping with branch office invoice targets
- Ensure that fee payments are made in accordance with institution fee payment policy and that students are aware of institutions refund policy
- Ensure that invoices are triggered on OSCAR as soon as Confirmation of Acceptance for studies is received
- Ensure that no invoices are withheld for the following months target
- Assist students on shore services such as accommodation and airport reception bookings
- Ensure that students receive information on orientation program and all other support services provided by Destination client institution
- Maintain and actively use OSCAR to deliver prompt and professional service to students and client
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality of student information. Contact details especially must not be forwarded without prior consent
- Pipeline and Invoice numbers vs budget
- Increase in student loyalty and referral
- Excellent conversion rate at all stages of counseling process (as defined)
- Accurate invoices in OSCAR
- Minimal complaints from students, Destination client institutions and stakeholders
- Business conducted professionally, ethically and with integrity
Destination Client services
- Develop sound professional rapport with Destination client institution representatives
- Ensure that the team has an appropriate list of students for clients to meet at in-house interview programs
- Ensure appropriate conversions from applicants to invoices for institutions
- Keep updated information on status for each student who has applied to the client institution
- Successful conversions
- Increased investment from client institutions for counsellor training programs
- Positive Destination client institution feedback
- Document IDP student testimonials for in-house publications
- Maintain process of informing students of in-house events (Interview programs, visa seminars, pre departure briefings and the like)
- Innovate ways to improve reach and promote IDP services and IDP events
- IDP and Destination education profiled appropriately to target audience
- Consistent and positive IDP brand
- Conduct Visa seminars
- Conduct Pre Departure seminars to ensure that students are prepared for the Destination student experience
- Conduct seminars at local institutions and / or events organized by other private and governments associations that will serve as an appropriate platform to brand Destination education
- Students adequately prepared
- Consistent IDP and Destination brand image
- Develop file on entry requirements, fee lists and contacts at Destination client institutions and ensure that the same is regularly updated
- Knowledge management; ensure that newsletters, updates changes at institutions and are circulated to all staff and appropriately archived for future reference
- Liaise with institutions for unprecedented delays in offer letters, CAS and ATAS Certificates
- Liaise with banks and other financial institutions for any clarification on documents submitted for visa purpose
- Student receive accurate information
- Staff are up-to-date and knowledgeable
- OSCAR used as effective business enhancement too
- Efficient follow up process in place at every stage
- Reduced complaints from students and clients
- Office Manager
- Destination Manager
- Central CRM & Service Desk team
- Prospective university students
- Local institution
- Bachelor (or above) qualification
- · Strong knowledge of destination and local education systems
- 2-3 year counselling experience preferably in the education industry
- Ability to multitask under pressure and meet deadlines
- Visible orientation towards having high quality service as integral part of work ethics
- Computer skills including, Word, Excel
- Fluent in English - written and verbal
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- Good communication skills - written and verbal (English) skills
- Provide counselling services and information on education choices in one of five destinations: Australia; New Zealand; UK; US; and Canada
- This will include helping students and their families to finalize applications, get involved in events, exhibitions and promotions of IDP and its affiliates/ clients
Key performance areas include delivering:
Customer service/ Business acumen
High quality of work
Technical & professional knowledge
Organization & planning
- Knowledge of the local education system in any of the five student destinations: Australia; New Zealand; UK; US; and Canada
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in any discipline (or work experience equivalent)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to work and operate in a team and demonstrate team work skills
- Good computer skills
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We help international students study in English speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right university or institution and the right country.
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hot courses. We are a rapidly growing global organization with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.