Marketing | Melbourne City, Victoria, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community with products and experiences that put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Content Coordinator manages editorial calendars to create original content and repurpose user-generated content on multiple digital platforms across the IELTS and Student Placement portfolios. The Content Coordinator plays a key role to coordinate new website launches, including training content authors on structured content with the Contentful CMS.
You come from a marketing, journalism, copywriting or design background. If none of these, surprise us. Content people often come from unusual places.
You’re ‘the creative one’ in your circle, but you balance the right side of your brain with a thirst for data and research.
You’re comfortable with your digital skills, but you know there’s so much more to learn and practise in order to grow your content career. You might have several books on the go at once.
If there isn’t a process, you create one. If a workflow is broken, you fix it. You’re the most organised person in the room and you know exactly how to keep a content project on track.
IDP is building a global and connected marketplace that guides international students into the life and career of their dreams. IDP also co-owns IELTS, which supports test takers’ study, migration and professional ambitions. We not only jointly provide the IELTS test, we help test takers prepare and gain confidence through IELTS support tools and guidance.
Our team creates experiences that help students understand their options, choose their path, and reach their goals. We’re also embarking on a new journey with IELTS to provide a seamless, transparent, personalised customer experience that puts the test taker in control of their outcome.
You’ll be supported by a content strategist, social media specialist, digital design lead, data and analytics experts, the Chief Digital Marketing Officer, and global colleagues.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Local country launches of global website
- Coordinate the content rollout for IELTS.com local country sites.
- Train content authors on Contentful and structured content.
- Work with country teams on content gap analyses, as well as localised content and language requirements.
Content for web, apps and other digital channels
- Work with subject-matter experts, SEO and marketing colleagues to produce content for IDP websites and apps.
- Collaborate with the digital content lead, digital coordinators and designers on the editorial calendar and content production schedule.
- Play a key role in developing the global content and social strategy.
- Update existing web content, making it more relevant and meaningful for students and test takers, as well as structured and tagged.
- Work with global colleagues to co-create timely, reactive content.
- Migrate content to structured content types in Contentful.
- Migrate student-contributed articles to our content model in Contentful.
- Support multichannel influencer content campaigns.
- Coordinate and moderate questions and answers for Ask IDP Q&A app.
Analytics and reporting
- Use web analytics and social metrics to create high-value content and to evaluate how effectively your content is performing.
- Use Meltwater social listening reports to influence content planning.
- Manage a content coordinator in Melbourne and lead a small team located in our Digital Campus in Chennai.
- Co-run the global ‘Newsroom’, where content roles from across IDP collaborate on timely content to address events which affect customers.
- Work with influencers and experts to produce content.
- Work with internal and external content partners to co-create content.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAITS
- You are highly organised and have successfully managed or played a key role in content projects, such as marketing campaigns, multichannel editorial calendars and content migrations.
- You have experience writing for the web (and can answer what it actually means to write for the web).
- You have impeccable spelling and grammar. Naturally.
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and proofreading ability.
- You’ll recite the secret passphrase: here be dragons.
- You’ve managed editorial calendars and workflows (and you love it).
- You can work independently and reliably with minimal supervision, but you’re not afraid to ask questions or challenge ideas.
- You’ve worked with a headless CMS, such as Contentful or Kentico.
- You have experience with keyword research tools, such as SEMrush.
- You have experience in the higher education sector.
- You’ve worked with social media management tools.
- You have experience working in a global organisation.
- You have experience with marketing automation and nurturing campaigns.
- You understand agile methodology and have the ability to adopt an iterative method and flexible approach for rapid delivery.