DC - Software Engineering | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
About the company
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
- AWS services – Lambda / API Gateway, SQS, SNS
- Terraform: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Sumo Logic
Role and Responsibilities:
Deliver and continually build on the standards of the squad. Keep infrastructure documentation current, including application to infrastructure mapping and asset relationships and dependencies. Suggest and recommend infrastructure enhancements to improve application performance, security and resiliency. Ensure that every development adheres to the team’s standards and policies including peer reviews, security, monitoring, testing. Improve and maintain tools for logging, monitoring, alerting and operational metric dashboarding Develop and implement automation tools to support CI/CD methodologies, and improve and maintain development, stage, and production pipelines.
- Bachelors or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- At 3-5 years’ experience in a Software Development role gained in a Software Development team.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer.
- Drive and solve problems impacting critical security systems and implement automation to prevent reoccurrence
- Design and implement Disaster Recovery processes
- Develop processes and procedures regarding new client onboarding activities
- Analyzing and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Act as subject matter expert on AWS
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity and cost optimization
- You have a great understanding of how to utilize CI/CD pipelines to maximize quality in a development team.
- Knowledge in REST APIs with JSON
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal. You’ll be relied on by leadership and other technical specialists for advice and direction – you must be able to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Provide productive contributions to the creation of the team’s patterns.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and pers