DigiTech | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
IDP has completed the first phase of its digital transformation which has directly contributed to the massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of programs of work to further accelerate the pace of our operations. Much of IDP’s innovation is being driven through the AWS platform.
We have an exciting opportunity for an AWS Cloud Engineer to drive the maturity of our Cloud Operations. You’ll be a thorough, methodical operations specialist with a fundamental commitment to security, automation, and quality. You’ll thrive on bringing automation to routine tasks and continuously raising the quality of the service you provide – you won’t be happy with the status quo.
IDP is committed to the AWS Well Architected Framework and its five pillars. The AWS Cloud Engineer will focus on the Operational Excellence pillar - managing and automating changes, responding to events, and defining standards to successfully manage daily operations.
You’ll be someone who gets a kick out of being a critical member of a high performing team, personally producing outcomes that accelerates IDPs agenda to support students in their life-long study journey.
- Automate IDP Cloud Operations, by driving scripting operations procedures and automation.
- Identify, review, test and implement robust and performant automations that increase the quality and performance of IDP’s cloud operations.
- Continuously push IDP towards AWS Best Practice and AWS Well-Architected framework
- Drive AWS security practices. No code (or infrastructure) ever moves into production with a known vulnerability. We are entrusted with the personal information of students, and we take this extremely seriously. With every other member of the team, you’ll be an expert voice in ensuring that Security and Privacy are a fundamental part of every design and deliverable.
- Put in controls to enforce basic security policies such as Encryption at Rest, Encryption in Transit, and other fundamental security considerations on all users of AWS.
- Adheres to the team’s standards and policies including peer reviews, security, monitoring, testing.
- Participate in the design and personally delivery, via code, infrastructure including compute, network and storage components.
- Utilize Terraform to provision well-architected and rightsized infrastructure.
- Bring a Software Engineering Discipline to Infrastructure Provisioning and Maintenance
- Work closely with Infrastructure Architects to develop code to implement approved designs using software development techniques such as source version control, testing, rollback plans and continuous integration.
- Implement automations to deploy patching and routine maintenance across all IDP Cloud infrastructure.
- Avoid written documentation. Automate the creation of annotated documentation after every build (or automatically annotate hand-crafted documentation)
- Maintain your knowledge on best practices, evolving threats, and opportunities to improve the performance, agility and cost effectiveness of the program.
- IAM Policy Management - administer IAM policies to implement security policies based on the principle of least privilege.
- Formalize Policies - will work together with Cloud Operations Management to create clear, effective policies and governance mechanisms around cloud deployment, usage and cost responsibility.
- You will maintain and monitor access rules to the various tiers of environments (DEV, TST, PRD) by user type.
- Routine AWS Monitoring and Reporting - You will regularly utilize AWS features such as Trusted Advisor, Guard Duty, and Well-Architected tools and produce actionable plans. You’ll review these regularly with the Infrastructure leadership and implement.
- Ensuring Best Practices - You will continuously review our environment against AWS Best Practice and Well Architected standards. You’ll make recommendations and improvements in a structured and methodical manner.
- You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
- Cost Management - ensure Tagging policies are in place and enforced
- Routinely review AWS spend for any spikes and optimisation opportunities. You’ll feel comfortable in highlighting actions that can be taken to reduce spend.
- Schedule uptimes/down times and utilize RIs to effectively manage cost
- Participate in high-profile Delivery Projects - You will work in a virtual team with the Development, Support, Testing and Service Desk to ensure the delivery of high quality services and applications.
- As with most integrated environments, much of our next phase of innovation involves improving and extending integration between our various systems.
- Mentor and participate in Team Development - As a senior Developer we’d like you to share your skills and experience to develop the team.
- IDP runs and Academy for recent graduates to morph their education into the direct skills that make them valuable in business. You’ll take one or two of these Academy graduates under your wing and mentor them as they mature into a high-performing Software Developer.
- Drive Observability & Supportability - In addition to the low maintenance code you personally produce you’ll assertively mandate the same from the entire team.
- Work with development teams to establish and maintain an automated continuous integration pipeline
- Experience in creating and maintaining Lambda functions and Event Monitoring.
- Powershell, Bash, Python skills
- Strong communications skills – both written and verbal. You’ll be relied on by leadership and other technical specialists for advice and direction – you must be able to communicate clearly and accurately.
- You relish opportunities to learn new technologies.
- A sense of urgency and fundamental commitment to quality.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Terraform: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Python, Aurora and ReactJS
- AWS microservices – Lambda / API Gateway, SQS, SNS
- SAP Cloud: Hybris Com and Marketing, C4C; Webhooks, ODATA Services
- Architecture: Microservices, Event Driven, Pub/Sub Model, Data Queues, Data Lake
- AWS services; Lambda (serverless); API Gateway, MySQL/MSSQL, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, Cognito, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, EC2, EKS, VPC, IAM, Route 53, RDS, Lambda
- AWS Cloud experience - CloudFormation, Tags, ASGs, EC2, VPCs, CW, RDS, DDB, SNS etc.
- Jira, ReactJS, Aurora, Sumo Logic
- Linux operating system experience (highly desirable)
- Knowledge of Oracle and SQL databases and applications (highly desirable)
- SAAS environments – e.g. ServiceNow
- Knowledge of core AWS Cloud Services (EC2, EKS, VPC, IAM, Route 53, RDS, Lambda)
- Strong Knowledge of Containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Proficient with Git, GitLab, CI/CD Pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring tools (Datadog, AppDynamics, CloudTrail)
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps development methodologies
- DevOps experience with automated provisioning/config Management with Ansible
- Continuous Delivery (Automated Build - Maven), Deployment and Testing
- Experience in domain driven design, microservices including event-sourcing patterns
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.