Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and the connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
About the Role
- Own Direction, Security, Privacy and Maintainability of the integration landscape
- Define tooling, patterns and methods for approval by Enterprise Architect
- Responsible for producing practical and implementable designs and ensuring conformance to design
- Actively participate in trouble solving, pressure testing, removing technical blockers for all development and support scenarios
A hands-on Cloud Architect who has a superb grasp of the opportunities presented by the wise utilization of AWS and other technologies available to IDP to maximise business value and minimize technical debt.
You will be responsible for the Full life cycle API management - planning, design, implementation, testing, publication, operation, consumption, maintenance, versioning and retirement of APIs.
You’ll have a bias for action and will be instrumental in ensuring the success of your team in delivering amazing quality output at cloud speed. You’ll be able to balance the objectives of consistently high-quality delivery, team development, and technical runway planning.
The Technology Stack is:
- AWS micro-services – Lambda / SNS / SQS API Gateway
- Architecture: Microservices, Event Driven, Pub/Sub Model, Data Queues
- Terraform: Infrastructure as Code, deployment framework
- Sumo Logic log aggregation
Current and upcoming AWS projects include:
- Upgrade of existing Event driven Pub/Sub architecture to enterprise grade and porting of integrations
- Upgrade of existing Mobile Application microservices to enterprise grade
- Creation of reusable patterns for Database driven application development
- Proof of concept for a Redshift Data Warehouse to replace legacy reporting technology.
- Establish and continuously maintain IDP’s AWS architectural direction
- Take a personal role in ensuring the development, adoption and continual improvement of enterprise-grade IT practices within the AWS team in the context of IDP’s IT group.
- Build an effective API Security and Privacy Strategy
- Accountable for the creation and maintenance of development patterns; development, tagging, budget and security standards, and driving the smart use of the AWS toolset.
- Responsible for pushing the Automation agenda. Identifying specific opportunities to reduce manual intervention through automation and driving through to fruition
- Bias for Action, Customer Obsession, Quality, Speed
- Produce practical Architecture documentation that improves the efficiency and quality of the AWS team
- Able to provide valuable guidance to the technical team in terms of development practices and clean code for agility, performance, and maintainability
- Experience in delivering enterprise-grade Event-driven integration architectures
- Experience in developing enterprise applications using enterprise database.
- A strong developer in your own right, in Java, C# or Python
- Monitor AWS and industry directions and contextualize for the team. Advocate strongly for best class practices and minimisation of technical debt.
- Provide practical assistance during cutovers, external stakeholder discussions and other critical team events.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.