Chinese Marketing Coordinator
Marketing | Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Chinese Marketing Specialist is responsible for both online and offline marketing activities in Australia and New Zealand to increase onshore Chinese students’ enquiries and leads volume for IDP Student Placement services. It actively works with education counselors in the business to plan and implement business initiatives specifically targeted at Chinese students and is responsible for all communications on Chinese social media platforms to grow subscribers and increase referrals. It also works closely with IDP offshore China offices on marketing collaborations to increase Chinese students’ engagement, retention and utilization of onshore placement services.
- Assist line manager in developing and implementing digital marketing strategy targeting Chinese student community in Australia and New Zealand to achieve leads acquisition target, including strategy for social media, website, eDM and other way of engaging with potential students electronically
- Plan and implement promotions and campaigns on WeChat and Weibo to increase subscribers and enquiries.
- Develop engaging content and daily hype on WeChat, Weibo and other Chinese social media platforms identified to increase engagement, shares and referrals
- Coordinate and implement marketing promotions for SSA activities, such as Expo, in-house, seminar, student activities and community events, on WeChat and Weibo
- Develop and implement digital engagement activities for both onshore and IDP China alumni students addressing all critical touch points in the student lifecycle.
- Monitor and report on Chinese competitor’s online activities and use findings to recommend, develop and execute competing strategies
- Track and measure the effectiveness of all digital activities for the Chinese market
- Assist line manager and team in executing digital activities for non-Chinese market as required
- Identify and develop partnerships and referral agreements with potential referral channels, including onshore student associations, high schools, career advisors, migration agents, language and IELTS tutoring schools to increase business referrals
- Plan and deliver online and offline cross-promotional activities with partners in their local states
- Coordinate the delivery of activities with local student placement offices and partners
- Measure and review the success of partnership programs to guide future marketing investment
- Create, review and update SSA Chinese marketing collateral, Ensure artwork and content are in line with IDP/IELTS brand guidelines and marketing strategy
- Create and publish communications and content on Chinese online and offline media channels
- Create content for Chinese eDM and SMS for campaign promotions and drive the distribution of the campaign
- Assist in creating Chinese content for Student Essentials services and products promotions
- Translate content between English and Chinese for SSA marketing campaigns where required
- Prepare and submit post-event articles to promote SSA events where required
- Develop and implement processes for forwarding study, visa and IELTS test enquiries received on WeChat and Weibo to relevant staff members and tracking the conversion of these enquiries
- Assist in responding to general enquiries on Weibo and WeChat where required
- All enquiries received are recorded and reported monthly
- Assist line manager in implementing initiatives to gain customer and competitors insights, including but not limited to customer surveys, focus group and mystery shopping.
- Assist line manager in monitoring Chinese student visa trend, IDP placement trend and policy change to identify threat and opportunities. Provide recommendations on strategies to leverage on opportunities and mitigate risks.
- Produce and present monthly/quarterly/annual marketing report on Chinese marketing initiatives, leads and customer acquisition, and ROI
- Work closely with Education Counsellors to gain market insight and feedback on marketing initiatives
- Work with marketing and SEO teams and other key content roles in the business like the Content and Social Strategist
- Contribute to and be an active member of the IDP community of best practice for Content and Social
- Build positive and effective relationships across all levels and functions of the organisation to deliver required results
- Contribute to building a positive work environment within the team based on a shared commitment to IDP’s values and quality
- Ensure the collection and usage of student personal information is in compliance with Australia Privacy Law
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Completed Bachelor degree in marketing, advertising or PR major, or equivalent qualification and experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in promoting products and services to Chinese consumers
- Track record of success in Chinese social media marketing
- Demonstrated skills and experience in Chinese copywriting
- Experience in business partnership development
- Results driven with great willingness to go above and beyond
- Proficient in spoken and written Chinese and English
- Impeccable spelling and grammar
- Great attention to detail and proof-reading ability
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.