Call Centre Agent
Call Center | Melbourne, Australia | Part Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Australasia Contact Centre plays a critical role in supporting the region in improving customer service and delivering a positive experience through all the customer touch points. As a member of the Contact Centre your role will rotate between Outbound, Chat and Inbound activity. This position must provide excellent sales and customer service to prospective customers via phone and online chat, whilst building and maintaining the leads management database.
- Make “cold calls” to customers categorised as cold leads in IDP’s CRM
- Monitor and respond to online chat answering questions regarding study, visa and related services.
- Use qualifying sales techniques to identify and record telephone conversations and online chats as Warm/Hot or Cold Leads
- Update customer profile on CRM
- Communicate Warm and Hot Leads to relevant Local Counsellors to drive conversion
- Nurture existing leads through “cold calls” to maintain effective relationships between our customers and IDP
- Confidently, politely and professionally make “cold calls” to customers
- Respond to all customer enquiries in a highly professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Be prompt at identifying customers’ problem for which a solution can be offered by IDP’s services and products
- Lock in customers’ interest in IDP’s services and products by offering/securing appointments with relevant team members for further consultation.
- Go above and beyond to resolve customers’ enquiries where required to create positive IDP customer experiences
- Ensure consistent high quality services are offered to all customers.
- Provide prompt support to internal stakeholders (counsellors and office managers) in managing telephone, online chat and social media enquiries and filtering/nurturing pipeline of potential customers
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed of work agenda, progress and issues.
- Follow through with potential customers and internal stakeholders on enquiries where required
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an efficient and professional manner
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as the basis for trust and cooperation
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is essential
- Minimum 1 years’ sales or customer service experience,
- Experience in managing enquiries from online chat and social media platforms
- Ability to confidently and professionally make “cold calls” to customer
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers over the phone
- Actively listen to customers and interpret their needs
- Effectively deal with objections
- Deal with customers that may be angry about receiving unsolicited calls
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise
- An ability to service and work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Intermediate level of computer literacy - MS Office - Word, Excel and email
- Strong typing/data entry skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.