Call Centre Agent
Call Center | Cairo, Egypt | Full Time
The position forms an important part of the Digital Experience Support Team strategy which provides IDP a complete customer engagement experience through its Omni-channel contact center (outbound calls, online chat, social, inbound and others). The key focus of the role is to engage with potential and existing customers through telephone calls, online chat and social channels in order to identify genuine sales leads for delivery to, and conversion by, our local Student Placement Counsellors. In addition to this there is a strong focus on providing a high quality customer experience while proactively offering and selling additional Value Added Services. This position must provide excellent sales and customer service to prospective customers via all channels operated within the contact centre, whilst building and maintaining the leads management database.
- Make outbound calls to prospective customer leads to qualify opportunities for the student placement counsellors.
Contact new and existing customers in alignment to IDP campaigns. These can include leads generated through IDP website, sales, expos, events, appointment setting and general customer service tasks.
Monitor and respond to online chat answering questions regarding study, visa and related services.
Monitor and respond to social channels answering queries IDP and its services
Use qualifying sales techniques to identify opportunities for IDP and its customers. This includes accurately recording outcomes for Warm/Hot or Cold Leads.
Maintain the accuracy of IDP’s CRM including updating all customer details where possible
Communicate Warm and Hot Leads to operations helping counsellors to drive conversion
- Nurture existing leads through ongoing outbound calling campaign to maintain effective relationships between our customers and IDP. This includes calling non-engaged customers for re-engagement.
Confidently, politely and professionally make warm and “cold calls” to customers
- Use open and outcome drive questioning to accurately define customer needs.
- Respond to all customer enquiries in a highly professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Be prompt at identifying customers’ problem for which a solution can be offered by IDP’s services and products
- Assist in guiding customers’ interest in IDP’s services and products by offering/securing appointments with relevant team members for further consultation.
- Go above and beyond to resolve customers’ enquiries where required to create positive IDP customer experiences
- Ensure consistent high quality services are offered to all customers.
- Escalate customer enquiries where required to appropriate leadership/department for prompt resolution
- Provide prompt support to internal stakeholders (value added services fulfilment team, counsellors and office managers) in managing telephone, online chat and social media enquiries and filtering/nurturing pipeline of potential customers
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed of work agenda, progress and issues.
- Follow through with potential customers and internal stakeholders on enquiries where required
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an efficient and professional manner
- Demonstrate commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards in everyday workplace operations.
- Encourage a team environment which facilitates cooperation and knowledge sharing and enables high performance.
- All interactions with customers are recorded on CRM in a timely and accurate manner following the guideline
- Relevant work processes are followed through.
- Assist in review and improvement of the established process to ensure it remains efficient and relevant
- Ensure the collection and usage of student personal information is in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
Strong communication skills / local language (verbal and written) is essential
- Minimum 1 year’ sales or customer service experience. Proved sales experience preferred
- Experience in managing enquiries from online chat and social media platforms
Ability to confidently and professionally make warm and “cold calls” to customer
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers over the phone
- Excellent listening skills to actively listen to customers and interpret their needs
- Effectively deal with objections
- Deal with customers that may be angry about receiving unsolicited calls
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
- An ability to service and work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Intermediate level of computer literacy - MS Office - Word, Excel and email
- Strong typing/data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and retain information
- Ability to handle pressureBonus Points: