Business Development Officer
Business Development | Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
To identify and create new B2B relationships and service existing partners to drive sales growth for the Student Services in order to achieve the business objectives and increase market share of IDP business in Pakistan.
o Business Development
o Sales Management
o Client Servicing
o Stakeholder Relationships
- Researching various channels to identify new and potential business opportunities
- Researching the needs and identifying key decision makers – principals and counsellors
- Contacting potential clients via email, phone or cold calls to establish rapport and set up meetings
Segmenting clients based on potential opportunity
- Determining in conjunction with IELTS Operations Manager /Country Director appropriate strategy for business development
- Contacting existing schools and university database, and agree on an aggressive sales and service plan
- Presentations to schools/universities around IELTS
- Attending education conferences, school fairs, meetings, and other industry events
- Planning new marketing initiatives
Sales Management & Client Servicing
- Identify opportunities by evaluating prospects; researching and analysing sales options.
- Sell IDP IELTS and referral partnership by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects candidates and partners
- Maintaining relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; updates on IELTS and managing any challenges face by our partners using the IELTS portal
- Identifies product improvements or new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Prepares daily and weekly reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing market information.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders by regular visits and mutually beneficial associations
- This includes, top schools, universities, government agencies, sponsors and corporate clients
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- With Pakistan market experience
- Strong sales, communication and presentation skills
- Well developed and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key partners, IELTS Institutions and universities.
- Strategic capability to lead and influence debate on business direction and activities to drive growth of the business
- Ability to understand customer context and dynamics.
- Demonstrated experience managing performance in a customer service environment.
- Ability to establish strong relationships, understand broad business issues and influence key people across all business levels