Business Development Manager
Student Placement | Mumbai -Thane, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
This role’s primary focus is to support the business in increasing new customers and revenue through developing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, researching and identifying new business opportunities, and continuing to build new partnership opportunities with new clients.
While working in conjunction with the Student Placement Office Managers, the role has focus on Student Placement while covering all facets of IDP’s business.
- Identify new key clients in high school sector (private and government) and Referral Partners
- Build strong and trusted relationships with new key contacts to support effective stakeholder and client engagement to increase leads generation and referrals
- Support in delivery of student applications by facilitating an agreed number of applicants to respective SP offices from Referral Partners and maintain a high-quality client experience
- Prepare, implement and review contracts/ MOU with referral partner
- Provide input into the development/ review of commercial terms with new/ existing clients to maximise revenue potential for IDP
- Manage all stakeholders and client relationships in a highly professional manner, representing IDP as an innovative market leader
- Develop and implement effective strategies for managing relationships to understand stakeholders and client needs and ensure retention of client
- Identify opportunities to further develop and enhance relationships between key client contacts and IDP
- Engage in events, meetings, calls and other relevant activities to develop relationships with prospective stakeholders and clients to create leads
- Maintain and refine the IDP client proposition
- Provide input and contribute to defining the ongoing strategy of the Office Managers for Australasia
- Develop and execute client engagement strategy and communication plan in alignment with marketing and business requirements, reflecting market and state trends and issues
- Develop planning strategies for local event sponsorship and other forms of co-branding (eg- digital screens, office workshops) to promote client products and working relationship with local IDP office
- The plan includes coverage of new clients in the high school sector, new Referral Partners/Migration Agents and professional and client associations
- Deliver presentations to support the client acquisition process
- Provide planning and clear strategies for event sponsorship and sales advertising against expected ROI
- Follow up leads and manage the client acquisition process in an effective and professional manner.
- Provide input and contribute to defining the ongoing strategy for Australasia
- Monitor and manage applications and leads as per each office requirements
- Wrk closely with Central Marketing and Digital Marketing teams and provide input/suggestion on local support needs
- Implement and deliver timely marketing and promotion locally where required
- Lead issue and crisis communications by engaging necessary key IDP personnel
- Arrange meetings with Office Managers with client updates and achievements in applications conversions and new leads
- Plan and deliver project activity in line with business needs and as agreed with the Australasian Office Managers as per the budget and office requirements
- Identify opportunities for continual improvement and realise the benefit of such opportunities by advocating new ways of working.
- Undertake any other lawful duties as reasonably directed by management
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial Management Information System or other related / similar systems
- An ability to work under pressure and organise work priorities to meet deadlines
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to engage in open dialogue
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to remain focused when completing high volume, or repetitious tasks
- Experience in a billing or accounts receivable role
- Strong Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook skills
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.