Business Development Manager
Student Placement | Hybrid in Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Who We Are
At IDP we’re bringing the world a little bit closer together each day through the power of education. In fact, we’ve been innovating in this space for over 50 years and are just getting started.
That’s why IDP is recognized around the world as a leader in the global education services industry. We’re publicly traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (IEL:ASX) with a current market cap in excess of $8 billion, operate out of 61 counties, and our websites attract more than 100 million visitors every year.
Today, we’re making education more accessible, helping students feel more connected, and ensuring students perform better in both their schooling and ultimately their career through the power of our digital platform. Here’s how:
- With IELTS Online, we’re making the world’s most popular English language test for work, study, and migration available to people when they want it, where they want it, and how they want it.
- Our IDP Live app makes studying abroad and staying connected easier than ever. Through the app, students can engage with alumni, counsellors, and institutions and even apply for programs and get a decision in minutes. With an ambitious features roadmap, we’re building the global hub for studying abroad student success.
- We’re leveraging the power of data to guide educational institutions the world over to ensure decisions are informed by the diverse needs, challenges and motivations of students, helping to create better educational outcomes for all.
Did you know Canada is one of the world’s premier study destinations? Every year, hundreds of thousands of students come to Canada—And that number is growing. That’s why we’re rapidly expanding IDP Canada’s marketing team to meet consumer demand and deliver a world-class testing and student counselling experience here in Canada!
To make that happen, we’re looking for a Business Development Manager to identify and create new B2B relationships, while servicing existing partners to drive sales growth for the Student Placement Services division. You are a self-starter and creative thinker who can develop compelling presentations to deliver to potentially partners. Relentless in your pursuit, you are not discouraged by a few ‘no’s’, and work harder to find the right ‘YES’. You will be a part of expanding the footprint across the country and finding new ‘non-core’ business. Reporting to the Area Director for Canada and LATAM, you will also be a part of the Leadership Team and participate in all decision making for this region.
Collaboration is the key to success for this role. You’ll work cross functionally with the leadership team to execute all new B2B initiatives. You’ll also get the chance to collaborate, learn from, and share with, members of IDP’s global teams across Australia, South East Asia, and the Middle East.
- Identifying, researching, and creating new business opportunities for the student placement business.
- Managing student essential services.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities and partnerships with different potential partners such as international high schools, immigration agencies… etc.
- Accountability for the student essential service business – revenues, expenses, partnerships.
- Area Director
- Marketing Director
- Area Controller
- Office Manager
- Destination Managers
- Global counterparts
- 3rd Party Immigration partners
- Decision makers at various organizations and corporate sector
- Government bodies and agencies
- Minimum 5 years in a Business Development role
- Comfortable interacting and presenting to C-Suite partners
- Ability to establish strong relationships, understand broad business issues, and influence key people across all business levels
- Demonstrated examples of building partnerships with 3rd party organizations
- Strong sales, communication, and presentation skills
- Well-developed and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key partners
- Strategic capability to lead and influence debate on business direction and activities to drive growth of the business
- Ability to understand customer context and dynamics
Why Work with Us?
- Flexible work hours and hybrid work model
- Highly competitive base salary and bonus plan
- Full health benefits from day 1 of employment
- The opportunity to join a high-growth business supported by a 8-billion-dollar global parent company. A start-up vibe with a large multi-national financial backing