Business Development Consultant
Student Placement | Singapore,Vietnam,Philippines | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 45 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 2,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The position is required in Singapore. You will be in charge of developing and implementing a revenue growth plan to increase profit for the business. Examine the company’s competition to develop better development strategies, increasing profits for the company and establishing new relations with clients and partners. Identify new markets, new partnerships and new ways to reach existing markets, to better meet the needs of existing markets.
- Prospect for potential new clients and manage relationships with existing clients (eg. Local/Private/Government Schools, institutions, corporates, etc)
- Source for potential clients by growing new client portfolios as well as leveraging and strengthening on existing networks
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met
- To penetrate and form partnerships with associations, clubhouses, etc – aim to create awareness, collaborate and host activities/events for their members
- Identify potential/new opportunities and develop promotional strategies and campaigns that will raise IDP’s profile and eventually lead to an increase in students number
- Plan approaches and pitches, work with internal team to develop proposals/initiatives that meets the clients’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Responsible for managing day to day relations with partners and clients
- Arrange and host talks/seminars with existing clients and partners
- Track and record on activities on a regular basis set and help to close deals in order to meet the target
- Expand on outreach activities with schools – Government, private, international schools, etc
- Attend industry functions (eg. Events, conferences, etc) and provide feedback and information on market trends and activities
- Drive continuous process improvement initiatives and support other strategic projects as and when necessary
- To draw weekly reports and status updates with the Sales & Operations Manager
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in any disciplines, preferably in business or related fields from education or university industry.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- High calibre in sales and highly motivated
- Strong follow up skills and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with all levels
- Able to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrate independence in making business decisions relating to client relationships.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.