Digital Campus - Product Management | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
Being the global leader in international education services, for more than 50 years IDP has been the pioneer in this sector, specializing in combining human expertise with leading technology to help people reach their global ambitions. Operating in more than 50 countries around the world, IDP values and celebrates diversity, fostering a safe and inclusive workplace.
IDP Education Ltd is the proud co-owner of IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test.
To learn more about us and our various service lines, please visit https://www.careers.idp.com/what-we-do
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture, then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
The Technical Business Analyst’s role will focus on supporting the business analysis activity to enable a business led digital customer experience that will assist in transforming IDP’s customer experience.
Responsible for liaising between business users and technologists to exchange information in a concise, logical and understandable way in coordination with the Technology team.
Essential Business Analysis Competence
Has proven hands-on experience and expertise in business analysis work
Has the ability to understand the objectives and goals of project, and to contribute to the development of the project plan through identifying BA scope of work, advocating approach and methodologies.
Has the ability to breakdown the BA Scope of Work into manageable work packages to support the overall delivery of the plan.
Utilizes modern and effective facilitation techniques to elicit requirements that fit with IDP's technical architecture
Partners with Product Owners to conduct co-design sessions with the network and to iteratively build Roadmap and Product Backlog
Articulates requirements and success criteria using the test-driven, behaviour-driven, acceptance-test-driven development methodologies.
Skilled at Splitting stories into deliverable components
Maintains a view of the overall initiative requirements and features and knows how the individual components fit together
Own the quality (INVEST criteria) of requirements for significant or new business features
- Has strong relationships with key decision makers and Subject Matter Experts across IDP
- Has a reputation for focusing on the Outcome and ensuring that the solution recommended will deliver the value envisaged
- Has the ability to negotiate scope to minimize scope creep
- Has the ability to lead significant business process design initiatives driving efficiency
- Detail Oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
Essential Technical Competence
- Scope and document requirements: Ability to understand, capture and model functional, non-functional (operational) and interface requirements for users of a system.
- Has clear understanding of REST API and API functions.
- Has good understanding of JSON publish/subscribe payloads.
- Has used Microservices in earlier projects, and has good understanding of application interfaces between microservices.
- Able to understand AWS Solution architecture, discuss with Solution Architects and communicate clearly to development teams.
- Has an understanding of data migration, data modelling, data mapping, ERD and data dictionary.
- Analysis of Solution options: Ability to analyse the solutions, provide options to solve the actual need of the customer.
- Designing and enhancing Business Processes: Ability to create maps (or models) of workflows, services design and customer journeys for the business, organisation, system or software. Documenting behaviour models using use cases, user experience design, storyboards, user profiles and user stories.
- Training & Communications: Work with learning and communications team to provide inputs on new functionality, enhancements, process changes etc. to drive adoption
- Digital Capability: Having had experience in, or capability to, enable customer experiences through the use of digital technologies through placing the customer at the centre of everything we do.
- Utilizes design thinking and other techniques to thoroughly explore the problem space.
- Clearly articulates decisions required and options available to facilitate rapid decision making
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Business Analyst with 3 + years of BA experience
- Highly technical and development background is a plus
- Experienced in Agile methodologies and software development is must, especially deliverables and processes around technical analysis
- Should possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with JIRA is must
- Should be organized and proactive
- Problem Solving attitude
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities independently
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields
- Industry certification in Business Analysis like CBAP, Agile business analysis etc.
- Involvement in digital transformation or multi-system integration project
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and desire to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Great can-do flexible attitude that thrives in a collaborative make it happen environment.
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business. We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
Please watch this 2 min video on IDP digital campus (195) IDP Digital Campus - YouTube