AWS Tech Lead
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Contract
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
• Your code is elegant. You make the complex seem straightforward. You know how to write efficient code that someone else can pick up with ease. You instinctively test your own code and people know they can rely on you, and everything you produce.
• You’re experienced in Python. You know the difference between scripting and programming in Python
• You know how to adapt patterns and utilize these across your development. If you identify an opportunity to improve a pattern you are confident in how to relay this. You know the difference between an improvement and just another way of achieving the same outcome.
Take responsibility for Outcomes
• While a significant part of your role will be to write code in Python and utilize AWS services, the real value you’ll produce will be from really understanding the Outcome required by the Business, and “making it so”. We’re looking for everyone in our team to demonstrate leadership, working together to continuously improve the way we work, and work smarter not harder and continuously increase the value we provide to the business. You’ll be part of this.
• You love technology, are continuously learning and extending your knowledge of best practice and the business value of technology innovations.
- Suggest the best advanced coding concepts and influence the team to follow that.
- Contribute to tech architectural discussions and technical POC’s.
- Work with the team to move towards CI/CD approach.
- Implement the best practices and coding standards for the project.
- Strive constantly towards increasing the productivity of developers.
- Must have extensive knowledge in project designing too, in order to involve with the designing team.
- Is flexible enough and adaptable to the changing and varied work settings.
- Must be completely aware of all the technologies thoroughly especially the ones associated with the software or application which is under construction.
- Share the success and failures with the team.
- Evaluate the team’s work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
- Help other team members grow as engineers by performing code review and mentoring.
- Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working and throwing away what's not.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's or master’s in software engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant disciplines.
- Hands-on in using AWS Services (Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Queues, Topics, etc) is a must
- At least 7+ years of overall experience as a Back-end or Full-Stack Developer
- Working knowledge of OOPS concepts.
- Strong Knowledge in Python v3.x Language
- Experience in REST APIs with JSON and Swagger
- Error handling and Logging
- Any DB knowledge
- Knowledge in Node.js is an added advantage.
- Knowledge in implementing Terraform is an added advantage
- Knowledge on Sumo Logic log aggregation is an added advantage
- Knowledge in Microservices model is an added advantage