Assistant Director of Studies (Expats Only) - Hanoi
English Language Teaching | Location, Job description | Full Time
ACET provides high-quality English language programs designed to prepare students for success in overseas study and their future careers. ACET was established in 2002 as a cooperation between IDP Education and UTS: Insearch, the language center of the University of Technology, Sydney.
ACET operates 4 training centers in Hanoi and HCMC, with approximately 3,000 students enrolled studying intensive and semi-intensive courses English language courses. ACET employs approximately 100 qualified and experienced teachers. ACET has an excellent reputation as the leading provider in Vietnam of English pathway programs to overseas study.
If you share our passion for helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us.
The ADoS is responsible for monitoring the delivery of high-quality Academic English, IELTS preparatory, and Young Teens (6-9th grade) programs. This involves the day to day management of the ACET programs, and providing ongoing teacher support, as well as student administration and support. This coordination includes development, promotion and maintenance of the AE/IELTS programs in line with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Run induction sessions for all new teachers
- Assist the DoS with communication between ACET and the teaching team
- Conduct teacher observations – observe and give feedback to teachers, conduct appraisals, and offer support and advice.
- Maintain and monitor teacher professionalism, and report any problems to the DoS
- Arrange to mentor for teachers new to a level, and act as a mentor to new teachers and teachers new to a level as needed
- Assist with student placement testing
- Deal with student feedback and filter and report it to the DoS as appropriate
- Collate teacher feedback and liaise with DOS regarding any curriculum change
- Liaise with teachers to monitor end of term exam results, reporting any problems to the DOS
- Conduct projects assigned by DOS
- Teaching hour: at least 12 hours per week
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- An internationally recognized English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, or equivalent)
- 3+ years ELT/TESOL teaching experience at reputable institutions
- Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and/or IELTS preparatory classes
- A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, such as Cambridge DELTA Level 02, Cambridge IDLTM, or a Master’s degree in ELT/TESOL (or in the process)
- Thorough understanding of the role of culture in language learning
- Good computer skills
- ELT experience in Vietnam or Asia