Student Placement | Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia | Full Time
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
- Achieve the short-term goals in assigned offices for Student Placement & execute the long-term strategy of the company to strengthen its position as leading student placement service provider. This to be achieved by finding the right balance between local needs of customers and global operating model.
- Strengthen the leadership position for Australia and build IDP to be a leading player in Multi Destination
- To provide strong business leadership, instilling IDP’s vision for the organisation and a performance driven culture with the office based teams
- Provide mentoring, coaching, ongoing communication thereby driving for high engagement and excellent business results
- With Marketing and destination teams develop and implement destination wise pipeline goals.
- Build strong client support through ongoing engagement and client relations.
- Build strong working matrix relationships with country teams in Indonesia - destination, finance and marketing to deliver optimal results
- Support the IELTS candidate registrations across offices.
- Contribute to building a world class operating environment by exhibiting a collaborative but decisive operating style.
Key Performance Area & Key Responsibilities
Business & Sales Management
- Drive the development and implementation of office-based business plans which address country needs and are aligned to IDP’s strategic milestones - Measures: Office based business plans developed and implemented with targets achieved.
- Set and monitor office level KPIs to support the implementation of the zones business plan- Measures: Office level KPI’s set and aligned country business plans and with strategic milestones.
- Improve zone business performance by identifying and maximising opportunities for leverage across offices of knowledge, skills and infrastructure- Measures: Opportunities for leverage of knowledge, skills and infrastructure are identified and implemented with a positive business impact.
- Provide inputs and once budget is set monitor Pipeline and Revenue budgets of the zone. With finance team, monitor results and initiate corrective action where required. Measures: Budgets set and monitored; significant variances discussed with direct supervisor.
- Collaborate with Finance and Supervisor to implement forecasting methodologies and processes to achieve accurate, timely pipeline and revenue forecasts for all offices within the country. - Measures: Accurate forecasts are delivered within timelines, Forecasting skills developed across the Offices.
- Develop and maintain a strong sales and service culture within the business. Measures: Sales Productivity and Customer Satisfaction targets are set for each counsellor and office. Regular monitoring and reporting against targets
- Identify, develop and implement strategies to achieve sales objectives for the offices for student placement. Monitor results and initiate corrective action where required. Measures: Office sales plans in place and aligned to country targets.
- Collaborate with Destination Managers, Marketing to develop and implement lead generation programs including events, client office visits, web etc., ensure counselling capacity /capability as per targets and ensure consistent sales, service and client management performance standards and benchmarks which are continuously improved. Measures: Sales and service targets and client satisfaction levels delivered.
- Establish best practice frameworks and mechanisms based on IDP’s core SOP model Measures: Offices operate on IDP’s global SOPs adapted to local needs.
- Lead and support Offices to improve Sales productivity through the implementation of global CRM system adoption, pipeline management, conversion benchmarks. Improve sales skills through training. Measures: Sales, Conversion and Service targets and client satisfaction levels delivered.
- Provide inputs and take necessary actions to the ongoing development and maintenance of service and client management performance standards and benchmarks for the offices. Measures: Sales targets, satisfaction levels and growth plans achieved.
- Drive and guide the offices participation in and execution of global improvement projects where applicable. Measures: Ex-B2B system 100% successful.
- Active participation and rollout programs in country.
- Develop a strong Office management, Counselling, Sales team to oversee the creation of a dynamic, inclusive workplace, building the culture while recognising and celebrating innovation success and achievement Measures: Employee engagement survey results, sales & profit
- Build a performance-driven culture Measures: Implement the approved country Performance management and incentive plans in place for all staff
- Manage and maintain key relationships with clients, and where necessary with government entities (DIAC, Australian high commission) Measures: Key clients identified, and client management plans established and coordinated with country client relations team.
- Where required, represent IDP Indonesia in forums and events of regional/global significance (ex- AIEC, Going Global etc.). Measures: Knowledgeable about IDP’s strategic objectives, policies and practices and capable of communicating these to various audiences.
- Speedily determine when an issue needs to be escalated to the Supervisor for resolution. Measures: Major issues identified, followed up and resolved without unplanned business impact.
- Proactively provide timely feedback and advice to the Supervisor on the management of offices and on issues arising from competitor activities, changing business environments, change in student visa policies etc. Measures: Is proactive in ensuring timely and topical discussions occur.
- With support of Finance team manage business systems and processes to ensure that all financial accounting obligations are met to the standard set by IDP and in line with local laws and accounting standards. Measures: All offices within the zone are compliant with local laws, regulations and IDP policies.
- Integrate compliance requirements into staff performance appraisals and annual objectives. Measures: Employees are accountable for achieving compliance.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple offices in a customer facing with experience in developing business plans, budgets and skills to monitor, review and report on progress.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead multi office based team to achieve demonstrable outcomes.
- Practical experience in managing diverse stakeholders (clients & students) – with diverse interests – to their satisfaction, but always keeping to the ultimate goal of the organisation
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Experience in working with CRM systems will be desirable
- A strong, ethical leader who acts with integrity and in the best interests of the business.
- Respects diversity in employees
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good written and verbal English skills