Application Developer - Service Now (contract)
Digital Campus - Technical Support | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Contract
Application Developer / Administrator – Service Now
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are setting out to be the world's leading platform and connected international student community through building tons of new products to put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
For over 50 years our global network of 93 offices has been helping students to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities. For more than 5,000 employees in more than 50 countries, IDP Education is a specialist employer of choice in major cities across the globe.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us as we undergo our digital revolution.
This position will implement, support, maintain, operate and upgrade ServiceNow ITSM solution. This includes executing all programming tasks, including programming, analysing, designing, developing, implementing, modifying, and maintaining computer programs. Work on systems of moderate size and complexity or segments of larger systems.
• Conceptualize design, develop, and implement solutions using the ServiceNow Platform.
• Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into
the ServiceNow Platform.
• Ability to translate business processes with workflows, validation rules and process builder
• Work with a variety of users to gain information, and develop intra-system trade-offs
between different users, as necessary; interact with a diverse client base and outside
• Maintain documentation on system configurations, maintenance processes and schedules.
• Providing 2nd and or 3rd level incident support, change management, and maintaining the
upkeep of technical records and documentation.
• Follow team software development methodology and ServiceNow best practice methods
for administration, configuration, and development.
• Ensures effective problem analysis and resolution of issues of moderate scope in a timely
fashion and escalates issues when needed to appropriate levels of IT or Business.
• Provides off hours (on-call) support as it relates to IT functional area.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional in computer science application, computer
systems analysis, or a related field.
• 5 years of professional experience with minimum 2+ years of experience in ServiceNow
Administration and Application development.
• Possesses good knowledge of different software systems and architecture client/server/API
• Customizing ServiceNow using Service Portal and experience with CSS, HTML, Jelly
• Experience with Business Rules, Script includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs
• Experience with IT Service Management processes and implementing IT Service
• Drive Results – Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity,
and rapid change with time management.
• Personal profile: analytical, inquisitive, service and team-oriented, friendly demeanour
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, influencing and customer
• Experience in business process improvement and driving governance requirements.
• Experience in supporting customers around the globe and willing to work in shift hours
• ITIL v3 certification
• ServiceNow System Developer / Administrator Certification
• Experience working in Agile methodology
WORKING AT IDP
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.