App Marketing Specialist
Ihub | Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Full Time
IDP Education Limited is an ASX listed company that is 50% owned by 38 Australian universities and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia. IDP’s core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
An ASX100 business part that is owned by Australian universities, IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world's leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic directions and execute on a comprehensive set of growth missions including:
- Growing the organic installs by any appropriate means (ASO, Virality, Partnerships)
- Taking over our mobile engagement programs in order to drive user loyalty, improve funnel conversion, and reduce churn within our apps.
- As App Marketing Manager you will oversee all engagement marketing campaigns (e.g. push, email, in-app message), A/B testing, implementation of custom events and analytics tools (Amplitude), and other tactics that the current organization may utilize to understand the behaviour and improve the engagement of the existing user base.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years of marketing or relevant business experience required
- Proven track record of managing app marketing activities, app referral programs, and having worked in an app only business
- Proven track record of driving significant app growth with low CLV
- In depth understanding of the complex App market place and its limitations
- Operational knowledge of the best tools / solutions to accelerate app growth / shrink limitations
- Strategic vision towards an app first approach
- In depth experience in more than one App Growth related specialisms, such as ASO, APP SEO, Paid app acquisition, App re-engagement and onboarding, App Product Development, Web to App growth techniques etc
- Good understanding of challenges related to Product Market Fit, growth at scale, localization, internationalization and personalization of product
- Technical experience in App product development highly appreciated
- Growth hacking mentality; Product led, data driven, highly creative
- Proficient in a range of tools across the marketing stack, including Tableau, Mixpanel, Appflyer, Google Analytics
- Added Advantage to have basic programming skills in the likes of SQL & Python
- Understanding of a 2-sided marketplace and how to drive growth among 2 or more distinct user groups
- Experience of working in a lean and agile environment with hands on experience of relevant techniques and tools
- Previous significant experience in leading teams, impactful prioritisation of app marketing activities, onboarding and educating others on app best practices
- Leverage data to understand user conversion funnels, LTV/CAC, and cohort behaviour in order to design influential in-app marketing campaigns that will improve app behaviour or reduce churn