Academic Director - (Hochiminh City, Vietnam)
English Language Teaching | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
Australian Centre for Education and Training (ACET) provides high quality English language programmes that prepare students for success in overseas study and their future careers.
ACET was established in 2002 as a cooperation between IDP Education and UTS:Insearch, (University of
Technology, Sydney). ACET operates 4 training centres in Hanoi and HCMC, with approximately 2,000 students enrolled studying intensive and semi-intensive English language courses. ACET employs approximately 100 qualified and experienced teachers.
The core programmes offered are Academic English, IELTS and Teens and bespoke corporate language training. ACET has an excellent reputation as the leading provider in Vietnam of English pathway programmes to overseas study.
- Academic Management
- Product Development
- Teaching quality standards and custmer experience (Internally and with NEAS)
- Financial Management
- Partnership Management (INSEARCH)
- Project Management
- 2-5 years year experience of Academic manager.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university
- An internatinally recognised English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, or equivalent)
- At least 5 years ELT/TESOL teaching experience at reputable institutins – mainly with adults
- Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and/or IELTS preparatory classes is preferred
- Some experience in teaching Young Learners / Teens is preferred
- A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, such as Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge IDLTM or a Master’s degree in ELT/TESOL
- Through understanding of the role of culture in language teaching and learning
- Maintaining a high level of trust and team spirit and camaraderie with the country leadership team while challenging the performance of local teams
- Driving the implementatin of commercially focussed business planning principles and developing innovative growth strategies to expand an established business
- Balance commercially focused business principles with high levels of customer service.
- Building and establishing relationships and partnerships with other ELT centres in SEA and working collaboratively to meet organisation goals. Increasing cooperation between countries and leveraging knowledge, skills and resources across countries.
- End of contract completion bonus equivalent to one month salary if meet the Peformance Review and KPI.
- US$500 per annum towards medical insurance .
- Work permit and visa costs covered by ACET.
- 20 working days recreational leave per year on a pro-rata basis
- Public holidays during the contract will be paid as working days
- Sick leave up to 10 days per year with 100% payment of gross salary