Academic Director (Expat Only)-Ho chiminh City, Vietnam
English Language Teaching | Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam | Full Time
The Academic Director manages program of study, curriculum, instruction, and professional development in order to ensure all students achieve at high levels. The Academic Director also oversees the development and implementation of instructional strategies, evaluates assigned personnel and performs related work as required.
- To be responsible for the academic management of ACET Vietnam. The AD will have oversight of the academic programmes in order to maintain the highest standards and consistent thought out all centres
- Quality control
- To contribute and conduct the department strategy plan based on annual KPIs
- To recruit, support and develop academic leadership in the department in both Hanoi and HCMC
- Effective management of all staff in the Academic department of ACET Vietnam, making sure that the activities of the department are undertaken in accordance with company policy and regulatory frameworks of ACET and IDP
- Provide positive and professional leadership to the team
- Share and implement best practices across all VN centers
- Align HN and HCMC in terms of Curriculum and products delivered
- Serve as Principal Administrator for NEAS annual returns, site visits and communications
- Lead DoS (Director of Studies) and liaise with UTS:Insearch on program and curriculum development and implementation
- Lead the team to ensure high academic standards and student satisfaction levels
- Be responsible for the planning and initiation of any changes in the curriculum
- Be responsible for competitor analysis regarding products and teacher benefits
- Research for new product development to meet the market demand
- Effective management of PD budgets within department
- Appropriate and effective management of the departmental budget and direct costs
- Manage teacher benefits and teaching pay scales
- Assist HOSO in meeting and working with cooperate client
- Assistance with Marketing events
- Production of Academic related Marketing content (events and online)
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 2-5 years year experience as an Academic Director
- An undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- An internationally recognised English language teaching qualification (e.g. CELTA, or equivalent)
- At least 5 years ELT/TESOL teaching experience at reputable institutions – mainly with adults
- A postgraduate ELT/TESOL qualification, such as Cambridge DELTA, Cambridge IDLTM or a Master’s degree in ELT/TESOL
- Academic supervisory experience at a reputable institution
- Thorough understanding of the role of culture in language teaching and learning
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- A great deal of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a team environment Experience in teaching English for Academic Purposes (EAP) and/or IELTS preparatory classes is preferred
- ELT experience in Vietnam or Asia
- Experience in teaching Young Learners / Teens
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry, which operates a number of related business lines including international student placement, English language testing, and English language Training. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.
We strive to continuously develop our dynamic, inclusive workplaces, we encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and we provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development. Our Brand Values recognise our Expertise, Quality, Caring, Integrity and the Communities we work within.
IDP Education has been involved in English language teaching since 1988. Today it runs English language schools in Thailand and Cambodia, and partners with UTS: INSEARCH in the Australian Centre for Education and Training (ACET) in Vietnam.
The South East Asia region comprises IDP owned business units in Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. In Vietnam, core business operations consist of Student Placement, IELTS testing and English Language Training under the brand ACET.
ACET provides high quality English language programmes designed to prepare students for success in overseas study and their future careers. ACET was established in 2002 as a cooperation between IDP Education and UTS: Insearch, the language centre of the University of Technology, Sydney.
ACET operates 4 training centres in Hanoi and HCMC, with approximately 3,000 students enrolled studying intensive and semi-intensive courses English language courses. ACET employs approximately 100 qualified and experienced teachers. ACET has an excellent reputation as the leading provider in Vietnam of English pathway programmes to overseas study.