Student Placement | Ahmedabad, India | Full Time | Opened 8 months ago
IDP helps people to achieve their goals through studying abroad. By pursuing a global education at the beginning of their careers, we help them experience life-changing opportunities.
We've been doing it for over 50 years creating a huge network of opportunity with offices in 32 countries. Our extensive network of approachable expert Counsellors work with students to identify and secure the university or college where they can start their global careers.
If you share our passion in helping people to pursue their dreams through education and thrive in an innovative agile digital culture then come and join us. We are actively recruiting Academic Counsellor to work with students in Gujrat (Ahmadabad, Surat, Vadodara) but opportunities will be available throughout India.
- Provide counselling services and information on education choices in one of Six destinations: Australia, United Kingdom, USA & Canada. This will include helping students and their families to finalize applications, get involved in events, exhibitions and promotions of IDP and its affiliates/ clients
- Manage in-house interview sessions where students can meet institutions representatives to submit applications on the spot
- Follow up leads and enquiries and maximize the number of applications submitted and finalized with IDP Provide opportunities for cross-selling between IDP’s services from Student Placement and IELTS
- Follow through on student enquiries, requests or complaints and provide information and assistance as required
- Maintain excellent knowledge of student visa conditions and client programs and processes
- Possess high level of product knowledge and competency in using CRM for managing student cases and running performance reports. Ensure accuracy in data entry and management
- Attend to student face-to-face, phone and email enquiries in a timely and professional manner
Key performance areas include delivering:
Customer service/ Business acumen
High quality of work
Technical & professional knowledge
Organisation & planning
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in any discipline (or work experience equivalent), International Education Background would be advantageous, however not essential
- At least one (1) year of sales or customer service experience in an office environment is required
- Good knowledge of the local education system for any of these given countries , United Kingdom, USA, Australia & Canada
- Proven language proficiency in English
- Good interpersonal, communication and customer service orientation
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good team player: eager to learn and grow in team environment
- Good computer skills and experience with CRM platform
- Opening is for Ahmadabad, Surat & Vadodara
IDP Education’s ongoing success comes from our highly committed and caring employees around the globe. We encourage teamwork in order to leverage our people's diverse talents and expertise through effective collaboration and cooperation throughout our business.
We strive to provide a working environment where people are encouraged to excel, be creative and seek new ways to solve problems, take initiative, generate opportunities and be accountable for their actions.
We believe in developing dynamic, inclusive work places that encourage and celebrate cultural differences and views, and provide opportunities for personal, professional and career development all around the world. We respect diversity in our people: their ideas, work styles and perspectives as well as offering flexibility to ensure employees enjoy a satisfying balance of work and personal life.
IDP is a global leader in international education services. We help international students study in English speaking countries. Our success comes from connecting students with the right course in the right university or institution and the right country.
IDP Education is a global leader in the international education industry which operates a number of related business lines including; international student placement; English language testing; English language Training; and Hotcourses. We are a rapidly growing global organisation with ambitious future expansion plans.
IDP Education is a publicly listed company in Australia. Education Australia, a company representing 38 prestigious Australian Universities, owns 50% of the shares in the business with the remaining 50% held by public investors.