Senior Data Analyst - Tableau
Sales: Intelligence and Analytics | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
About the role
As Senior Data Analyst you will use data intelligence to produce insights into customer behaviour to help guide client strategy and planning decisions and to support the company’s thought leadership positioning in the industry.
The role is a highly collaborative one, supporting key functions of the IDP Connect team in their mission to enhance client capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
Working with internal stakeholders to inform evidence-based decision making in projects aimed at growing our influence in the international education community and supporting the direction of new products, services and operating models.
- Support client planning and strategy through data mining, detailed analysis and identification of critical insights into client behaviour and emerging market trends, converting analytical findings into meaningful and actionable insights.
- Support industry engagement initiatives through data mining for the development and provision of reports and presentations for internal and external consumption. This may include the sourcing, analysis and on-going management of new and existing data within appropriate data architecture.
- Regularly informs IDP’s business operations with relevant research, data and market intelligence. Develop models and reports to share observations and recommendations with relevant business departments.
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of data-sets and develop strategies for their enhancement.
- Build, use, adapt and improve data dashboards to satisfy internal and external demands.
- Help educate internal and external stakeholders on the use of data and analytics in strategic planning and decision making. There may be direct client interaction, e.g. system training sessions to aid the interpretation of data by clients, and the facilitation of data share arrangements to maximise its value to clients.
- Current experience working as a data analyst with experience of data wrangling and manipulation, as well as visualisation
- Experience working with large data sets (we have millions of rows of valuable data and we use it every day)
- Our large data sets are in Oracle SQL databases and we’ll need you to write efficient queries against them
- Alteryx experience – you’ll be using Alteryx within 3 months of joining to help us move our analytics forward
- Experience in the “end to end” of dashboard development, from scoping to design and build, through to delivery
- Demonstrable experience with Tableau. We’d love to see your Tableau Public profile, or a portfolio that you can share with us
- Understanding of how to manage data on Tableau server
- A strong analytical mind and “data curiosity”
- Demonstrable experience of converting analytical findings into actionable insights. Can you provide the ‘so what?’ and suggest the ‘what now?’ to move our customers beyond the ‘what’?
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
For details on how we store your data please see our Recruitment privacy notice which can be found at: