Product Owner - Digital Transformation
IDP | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
*Please note that this role can be based anywhere in the UK but you must be able to commute to London and Cambridge as and when required*
About the role
We have completed the first phases of our digital transformation which has directly contributed to a massive acceleration in the world’s leading Edu-Tech business helping students fulfil their lifelong learning opportunities at the world’s top universities and dreams of international mobility.
Our transformation journey is far from complete and we have an exciting range of programs of work to further accelerate the pace of our operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Product Owner to assist in the delivery of major business transformation programs. You will work in a multi-national multi-organisational virtual team to ensure the delivery of high quality services, systems and applications in a pivotal role. Working closely with the business and technology functions, and Program teams, to plan and document business and technical requirements, processes and roadmaps for your portfolio.
The Technical Product Owner plays a key role within the team, acting as the main conduit between the cross organisational teams, development teams and the business by understanding and translating business expectations in to the technical product roadmap, ensuring that the roadmap is championed, communicated, prioritised and driven to realisation, using agile practices and ways of working.
You are a creative problem solver, able to engage stakeholders on multiple levels, with a deep understanding of the art of Product Ownership and the technologies, approaches and methodologies that underpin the Products. With a fundamental commitment to the Customer, security, automation, and quality you’ll thrive on delivering value to Customers with projects successfully and smoothly transitioned to operations.
Provide essential Technical Product Leadership Competence
- Gain a thorough understanding of the business and be able to gather, refine and articulate business needs, including workshop facilitation, stakeholder interviews and other elicitation techniques
- Select or tailor appropriate approaches based on business constraints, Stakeholder needs and the project objectives
- Establish relationships and negotiate with teams across the business and involved organisations (Partners and Suppliers) - facilitating engagement across multiple groups of people (internal and external) at various levels
- Identify and evangelise the Vision, Roadmap and Business Value and Product portfolio
- Accurately describe a problem statement, business impact and Customer experience inherent in a solution
- Work with the Project team and Business to clearly identify success criteria for each milestone on which the team are working
- Drive visioning and the fleshing out of ideas. With the ability to challenge, in a factual manner, by evidencing data and assumptions to question existing thinking and provide alternatives
- Employ flexible and intuitive problem-solving approaches
- Analyse user requirements and deliver artefacts to assist with understanding - including high level workflows / storyboards / process overviews, by liaising with a range of stakeholders
- Shape and input in to the themes, epics, features and user stories
- Provide input to the acceptance criteria for user stories and requirements
- Identify and resolve conflicting expectations and priorities
- Experience in a Product Ownership role
- Experience in and around project delivery
- Must be able to adjust working hours to accommodate stakeholders across multiple timezones
- Collaboration & Facilitation: Ability to establish strong relationships with stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation and at various levels
- Must have the ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Ideally have experience taking a non-digital platform and transforming it into a digital product
- Experience within the ELT or HE space.
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
For details on how we store your data please see our Recruitment privacy notice which can be found at: