Marketing Manager - Higher Education
North America | Toronto Division, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
About the role
The Marketing and Communications Manager will deliver the external promotion of IDP Connect to the sector throughout Canada. They will work to establish IDP Connect as global leaders in data-driven student marketing and recruitment and quality student placement and will lead on demand generation and content delivery activities of IDP Connect Canada.
Working closely with the Director of External Relations and the Director of Client Partnerships the role will deliver IDP Connect’s marketing and communications strategy for Canada. The post-holder plays a lead role in building brand awareness and directly supporting revenue delivery across all product lines.
What you'll be doing
The post-holder will deliver compelling, segmented content, communications, marketing and events in support of the IDP Connect team’s client and commercial strategy, amplifying and increasing our share of voice and promoting our brand, products and services to stakeholders, clients and partners in Canada.
The successful development and implementation of a marketing and communications plan will influence a range of audiences including; clients, key external stakeholder groups in international education and the relevant sections of the Canadian government.
They will work collaboratively with other marketing teams at IDP and IDP Connect, ensuring that the IDP Connect team communications and marketing output is consistent with IDP Connect and IDP brand guidelines , as well as supporting the client teams in Canada to deliver on tactical campaigns.
What we're looking for
- Experience in a marketing/communications role
- Experience and knowledge of the Canadian education system and/or international higher education.
- An excellent eye for detail
- Experience in gaining earned media coverage.
- Experience working with digital marketing systems and channels
- Experience creating visual content using programs such as the Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva."
- Budget planning/management
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders (agencies, vendors, business partners).
- Good client relationship skills and ability to influence, negotiate and achieve resolution of problems
- Ability to delivery marketing communications within a brand management framework
- Ability to use CRM and marketing database platforms such as Salesforce and Hubspot
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.